Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mom- 2017p WDDO-017/DDO-001

Additional Information
    Date: 2017
    Variety: DDO
    Mint: Philadelphia
    Coneca: DDO-001
    Wexler: WDDO-017

WDDO-017/DDO-001-
    My third one to date. I had to get busy since Jim caught up to me with the two he found.
    I'm glad he found them tho because that got me to thinking that they might have been released from the Federal Reserve in Jacksonville, which is where I picked up the brick this one was in. Markers are present. Die dot west of MM and die chip on the edge of he shield over E of E PLURIBUS
    (Maybe it was a Mother's Day gift orchestrated by my Mom from beyond!)
    Thanks for looking. Cliff
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Thanks VAB2013, makecents thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013, makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's cool to think your mom sent you a little gift for Mother's Day Cliff I trust you are right, but your camera and shiny coins are having a fight with each other. I've noticed that your camera and copper or "aged zinc's" does so much better! But... shiny cents give all of us fits so that's just the way it goes! Congrats!

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice find Cliff!! I have yet to run across one of yours.

Post Thanks / Like
    The 2017P Cliff Special... Nice... Is the chip on the shield larger than the first one http://varietyvista.com/01e%20LC%20D...001%20cent.htm or is there a hit there??? Since we would get coins from the Jacksonville FR also and I found mine much later than you it is possible that is where these have come from... Other than the Philly mint anyway
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry Cliff, I just realized this is your discovery DDO! Boy am I embarrassed

if anyone knows what that one looks like, you do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VAB2013 View Post
    I'm sorry Cliff, I just realized this is your discovery DDO! Boy am I embarrassed

if anyone knows what that one looks like, you do!

Viv, Thank you for the replies and comments. No need to feel that way because you are right about the glare on those shiny coins.
    They appear pretty clear when viewing on a smaller phone screen but "pixel out" when viewed on a larger one.

After Jim found two I have a hunch they may have originated in the Jax area (Fed Reserve Banks there) and radiated out from there. So I'm hoping there are more in the brick i picked up from Jax.

8. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Cliff! I hope you do find some more Cliff 2017-017 discoveries in the Jax brick! Pretty soon you will have many die stages/states!

Lincoln Cent Variety Expert mustbebob's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    from the Federal Reserve in Jacksonville,
    Wow! Thanks for confusing the s**t out of me. I was reading this post and saying to myself 'Self...there isn't a Federal Reserve Bank of Jacksonville'

I had to go look it up so I am quite embarrassed I didn't know this. It is actually the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta's Jacksonville Branch. I had no idea it existed. See I learned something today. That's the second thing I've learned this year so y'all better slow me down!!!!
    Bob Piazza
    Former Lincoln Cent Attributer Coppercoins.com

11. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013, makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mustbebob View Post
    Wow! Thanks for confusing the s**t out of me. I was reading this post and saying to myself 'Self...there isn't a Federal Reserve Bank of Jacksonville'

I had to go look it up so I am quite embarrassed I didn't know this. It is actually the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta's Jacksonville Branch. I had no idea it existed. See I learned something today. That's the second thing I've learned this year so y'all better slow me down!!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mustbebob View Post

You're very welcome!! Glad I could help.

I'm with Jim.
    Bob, I want to thank you for sending a good ol' belly chuckle my way.

I was looking up some info 4-5 months back trying to figure out some possible distribution info on this particular variety and came across the info on the different branches.

14. Thanks jfines69 thanked for this post
    Likes makecents, VAB2013, jfines69 liked this post