Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

Thread: Edward

Hybrid View

Snoiser27

Edward

Hello everyone, thank you for letting me join. I have been collecting for 20 years. Recently I believe I found a 1972ddo#4 penny in pocket change. I'm hoping everyone can tell me more about this penny. Thanks everyone:tinysmile_classes_t
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Thanks VAB2013, makecents thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013, makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Edward! Welcome to the LCF! You have a real nice looking 72' Lincoln but when I tried to zoom in to see closer the pic gets blurry. Can you get a closer pic of some of the doubling that is shown in the listed variety? https://coppercoins.com/lincoln/dies...&die_state=eds

Snoiser27
    I know my phone don't take good pictures but I will take some more and send them. It has the cud next to the Liberty and all. I also just found a few more pennies that are really nice. I will post a picture of this 1984 that I got. I can't believe how great this penny is.

5. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum! As Vivien said, try to get some better close ups so we can see what you're seeing. Look forward to seeing your other coins too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the LCF... Hopefully you will be able to get some clearer pics of the coins... There's a lot of knowledgeable folks here ready to help!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

8. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Snoiser27
    Thanks for letting me join. My phone is not the greatest for taking pictures. I'm hoping that you can tell something about this penny and about a 1972d Kennedy half dollar that weighs 11.5 grams. I've doubled check my scales and all and it still comes back at 11.5. What could it be. It doesn't look silver. I'm really puzzled on this one. Thanks again

Edward

10. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013, GrumpyEd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoiser27 View Post
    Thanks for letting me join. My phone is not the greatest for taking pictures. I'm hoping that you can tell something about this penny and about a 1972d Kennedy half dollar that weighs 11.5 grams. I've doubled check my scales and all and it still comes back at 11.5. What could it be. It doesn't look silver. I'm really puzzled on this one. Thanks again

Edward
    Are you saying the color is not normal?
    The weight is normal, 11.34g is normal so 11.5 is within the normal range for a clad half.

Snoiser27
    I didn't know that. I thought that silver halfs weighed 11.5
    Learn something new. Thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoiser27 View Post
    I didn't know that. I thought that silver halfs weighed 11.5
    Learn something new. Thank you

The 90% silver halves from 1964 and before weigh a bit more around 12.5g.

Post Thanks / Like
    You have joined the right club when it comes to taking pics of Lincoln's and other coins, we understand. But we need something to see in order to help with your 1972 Lincoln.

If you would like to start a new thread for the questions you have about your 72D Kennedy half dollar, the guys may be able to give you some information (possibly without a photo) Please start this new thread in Off Topic Discussion since it is not a Lincoln, that way you will get more people to look at it for you.

Here is the link to Off Topic Discussion http://www.lincolncentforum.com/foru...pic-Discussion