Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, okay. I apologize. Thank you for letting me know. I will remove it. I will also make sure to read the entire forum rules as well.

2. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 61
    Quote Originally Posted by MJBTGLIS View Post
    Oh, okay. I apologize. Thank you for letting me know. I will remove it. I will also make sure to read the entire forum rules as well.
    You are welcome and we appreciate your understanding! You are doing just fine, relax and have fun! Lots of friendly folks around who love to talk about anything Lincoln so please don't hesitate to post your photos and questions

4. Thanks MJBTGLIS thanked for this post
    Likes MJBTGLIS liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 6
    Looks like you may have a proof coin from a set.

If that is the case, the proofs are still under $2 on ebay so still would not make economic sense.

Proofs are beautiful coins.

6. Thanks MJBTGLIS thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, they are very pretty. Would a circulated proof coin possibly give it the red AND orange metallic look?

Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 104
    I removed the image... Due to copywrite issues we can't allow images and items from other sources to be posted with out express written permission from the owner... You can always post a link to the subject matter and we can go from there... TPGs (Third Party Graders) such as ANACS, PCGS etc allow the owner of a coin they had graded to use the images purchased... Hope that helps a little... As for getting good pics it can take a lot of practice... Do the best you can... It use to take me hundreds of pics to get a good one and that is no joke... I feel the pain!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

9. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Lincoln Cent Variety Expert mustbebob's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 400
    Would a circulated proof coin possibly give it the red AND orange metallic look?
    It absolutely would, just like you said. That is another reason why this coin wouldn't grade out. Proof coins should be close to perfect in strike, and luster. Even though this coin looks nice, you are comparing it to another business strike coin. Stick with it long enough and you will probably find more proof coins in circulation.
    Bob Piazza
    Former Lincoln Cent Attributer Coppercoins.com

11. Thanks VAB2013, MJBTGLIS thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013, MJBTGLIS liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I deleted the picture. Or at least I thought I did. Still learning how to maneuver the forum. Thank you for your help. I appreciated it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 179
    Proof isn't a grade, it's a method of manufacturing.
    Even after being circulated, damaged, worn, it's still a proof and has the different look but once they are mis-handled they are considered impaired and not worth much so people spend them.

14. Thanks VAB2013, jfines69, MJBTGLIS thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013, jfines69, MJBTGLIS liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh...I know. I just wasn't sure if proof coins lost their luster the same way as the business strike coins. But I must say, this coin stuff is pretty confusing so far. e.g. All the coin roll hunting videos I have watched, all they say is "Wheat..wheat...wheat..gotta have wheat!" But then I learn there are only a few wheat that are actually worth anything, unless it's in mint state. Then all I hear is "Proof...proof..proof..gotta have proof!" Then I am told proof coins really are not worth much at all. So which one is it PEOPLE!?!? Haha JK I am pretty quick learner though..so I am sure I will get the hang of it soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 179
    Sort of a mix of how rare the coin is, the demand for it, interest level, grade.

17. Thanks MJBTGLIS thanked for this post