Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

Thread: OH Canada!!

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

OH Canada!!

Don't know much about Canada coins but I think this is out of the ordinary. There is an extra "lens" in front of the eye and the dots/spots in the ear and behind the eye are raised just like the one in the corner of the mouth (which shows best in the images). The back of the neck appears to be doubled but the spread is so wide that one would expect doubling of other areas as well if it were a DDO. Could not locate an other '79 in my immediate reach to see if this is "normal" for the date and the images on line are not clear enough to tell. I know there are internet sleuths on this site who can do better. Any help is appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Thanks makecents, VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes makecents, VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very cool George!! Let's see what others say, I'll dig aroung tomorrow to see what I might find on the net. The wheat reverse was a cool adder!

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool looking Canadian Roller! Curious to see what's going on with it! LOL.. yeah, that second pic is a nice wheat reverse doing a photobomb on your Canadian!

Post Thanks / Like
    Very interesting... Especially if that wheat rev is on the Canadian cent What does the rev look like??? I am no Canadien cent guru but the mouth looks very strange... The eye could be related to PSD as there is a crease running up the forehead and the space between the anomaly appears to be depressed as is something hit it displacing some metal... The neck is interesting as the west edge appears rounded and the area between the edge and neck is flat... PSD or even a re-engraved die???
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL, can't believe I posted a wheat reverse. Here's the real one. Pays to preview your post before sending.

7. Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's a better shot of the anomalies. All are raised and not result of any PSD.

9. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes makecents, VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Roller View Post
    Here's a better shot of the anomalies. All are raised and not result of any PSD.
    She must be concentrating on something with her tongue hanging out The tear drop is from getting hit in the eye The area at the eye looks like a die gouge the other 2 look like die chips!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

11. Likes makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did some digging but didn't find much. Here is a link to Canadian coins though and die chips that look very similar. http://www.coinsandcanada.com/coins-...=die-chip&id=4

13. Thanks jfines69, VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes jfines69, VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by makecents View Post
    Did some digging but didn't find much. Here is a link to Canadian coins though and die chips that look very similar. http://www.coinsandcanada.com/coins-...=die-chip&id=4
    Interesting link. Thanks. I considered that chips might be the answer but thought it unusual that these occur in three places where the design is incuse and the anomalies conform to the contour of the design element (except for the eye, of course).

15. Thanks makecents thanked for this post
    Likes makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You've got some pretty big gouges at the eye, I was thinking they were chips too like the mouth, but they have an odd smoothness about them! How about the anomaly at the neck, what are you thinking Roller?