Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
    Post Thanks / Like

Bausch & Lomb Stereo Microscope Pods

Additional Information
    Asking Price: $20

I am cleaning house and selling a bunch of Bausch & Lomb Stereo-1 and Stereo-2 pods I accumulated over the last few years. These are fixed magnification pods. The 1x pod will give you 10x magnification with 10x eyepieces, while the 2x will give you 20x (or 15x/30x with 15x eyepieces). You will need to provide the eyepieces and the stand. I can include a hoop ring which the pod will mount to if you want to make a fixed-height base, which would be good enough for variety searching. I also have eyepieces available.

Shipping is max $14 for Medium FRB, or cheaper by Priority Mail if you are on West Coast.

The pods are either the older (late 60's) gray-painted types or newer (70's) black and white. Optics are the same in either type.

Your choice of 1x or 2x, and gray vs black/white, until one or the other runs out. PM me to see what I have available.

I personally use a 1x pod in my variety searching, with 10x eyepieces. This combo can just view a full Lincoln Cent, but is detailed enough to see typical listed varieties. If you're looking for more minor varieties and such, the 2x pod may be a better choice.

Edited to add pictures of the pods...Ray

3 Black and White 1x pods:

3 Gray 2x pods:

1 Gray 1x pod:
    Last edited by ray_parkhurst; 2 Weeks Ago at 11:10 AM.
    Builder of Custom Coin Photography Setups. PM me with your needs or visit http://macrocoins.com

2. Thanks TPring, jfines69 thanked for this post
    Likes jfines69 liked this post