Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

Thread: 1922 No D

Jocko

Answered: 1922 No D

Okay.. earlier text is gone?
    I need some help determining if this 1922 No D has a strong or weak reverse.
    Comments please as I value the opinions of collectors.
    Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. "Looks like plating or MD without any lines on the upright with such a strong line on the curl
    ."

3. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013, tokameel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 179
    I'm a bit un-trusting of the texture of the coin, it has a rough surface so it would be hard to tell in a pic if a D was ever there then re-toned so be careful deciding about it. Look at this link:

1922 LCR link

Jocko
    Thanks Grumpy.. cheer up.

6. Likes GrumpyEd, VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 61
    Welcome to the LCF Jocko! Nice to see you jump in with photos and questions! There's a lot of knowledge here and folks are happy to help out! GrumpyEd is really not grumpy he's a very nice guy with lots of wisdom when it comes to coins and Lincoln's!

8. Likes GrumpyEd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 104
    Welcome to the LCF... Lots of knowledgeable folks here ready to help and Grumpy is in the top tier... I'm with Ed on the surface looking strange... If it were environmental damage I would expect to see more damage on the higher surfaces of all the devices??? Your pics are good for a first post but still to blurry when zoomed in... It does look like a strong rev, here is a link to PCGS Coin Facts http://www.pcgscoinfacts.com/Coin/Detail/3285 The 2 rev images show the strong and weak rev... I hope your coin turns out to be a legit no D!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

Jocko
    Thank you for taking time to answer and the link.
    About 10 years ago I was going bank to bank buying $25.00 boxes of pennies, sorting through them and culling out the wheats, each roll would have an average of 6 wheats. I now have one really decent complete book, a few partial books (no 1909 S vdb) and 65 pounds of wheats. I'm still amazed that so many key dates were available at a cost of odd looks from my other half and dirty fingertips.
    This 1922 no D was part of that culling period. I am still unwilling to send it off to be graded at a cost that may exceed it's value. I'll keep doing my homework and thanks again for the link to pcgs. Take care, Jocko.

Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 62
    Quote Originally Posted by Jocko View Post
    About 10 years ago I was going bank to bank buying $25.00 boxes of pennies, sorting through them and culling out the wheats, each roll would have an average of 6 wheats. I now have one really decent complete book, a few partial books (no 1909 S vdb) and 65 pounds of wheats. I'm still amazed that so many key dates were available at a cost of odd looks from my other half and dirty fingertips.
    This 1922 no D was part of that culling period. I am still unwilling to send it off to be graded at a cost that may exceed it's value. I'll keep doing my homework and thanks again for the link to pcgs. Take care, Jocko.
    Welcome to the forum.
    Impressive that you were able to put together a complete book only 10 years ago. Congratulations.

What area of the country are you in?

Jocko
    Hi Petespocket,
    Portland, Oregon
    Started on the pennies as a hobby when I retired.
    Cheers.

13. Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 104
    Quote Originally Posted by Jocko View Post
    You're welcome... Glad I could help... With 65 pounds of wheaties you have breakfast for 3 years
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

15. Likes N/A liked this post