Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Box two of this week was a 21.68% copper box. It was an unsealed box of all customer wrapped rolls. So great on the copper side but had to be the dirtiest box ever hunted ����. I am gonna think on it and start a new thread to capture the yuck involved in that box.

2. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You didn't mention zinc's at all but did mention searching coppers later.

Just curious if this mean you search zinc on the first pass?
    Were there any interesting zinc errors or varieties in the brick or do you just search and save 95% copper?
    Last edited by Petespockets55; 06-12-2018 at 05:00 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Petespockets55 View Post
    You didn't mention zinc's at all but did mention searching coppers later.

Just curious if this mean you search zinc on the first pass?
    Were there any interesting zinc errors or varieties in the brick or do you just search and save 95% copper?
    I search all. Here is my process that lets me get through the rolls fastest. I heparate into four piles: Post 82 damaged, post 82 "searchable", pre 82 "searchable", and pre 82 damaged bullion. All my wheats go into searchable unless it really has lost it's numismatic value.I woll the dagamed zincs and bag the bullion. Then I go through my post 82 pile then my pre 82 pile. This seems to allow me to process them quickly. Oh yeah, fifth pile for stuff I want in my collection such as cool foreigns and nice toners. I really liked toned pennies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by emodx View Post
    Box two of this week was a 21.68% copper box. It was an unsealed box of all customer wrapped rolls. So great on the copper side but had to be the dirtiest box ever hunted ����. I am gonna think on it and start a new thread to capture the yuck involved in that box.
    That's unusual to find so much yuck in customer wrapped rolls... unless maybe they came from an Alabama resident's car cup holder, floor board and between the seats!

I still search the yuck for varieties and errors because a yucky first find can be upgraded later sometimes that yuck will look better after a little acetone soak...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VAB2013 View Post
    That's unusual to find so much yuck in customer wrapped rolls... unless maybe they came from an Alabama resident's car cup holder, floor board and between the seats!

I still search the yuck for varieties and errors because a yucky first find can be upgraded later sometimes that yuck will look better after a little acetone soak...
    I won't mess with any corroded coins. If it is a corroded copper it goes directly to bullion. If it is corroded zinc then it goes directly to circulation. By corrosion I mean rot, holes, and growth. I am totally of with a black penny with copper highlights.