Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DEESAW

New here & also new to collecting...help with 2009 lincoln possible error?

Unable to find anything on this 2009 formative years reverse ... looks like an error to me. On the log under Lincoln. Any help would be appreciated Attachment 1310262009 OVER-ABRADED ERROR FLOATING S20180611_0004.jpg
    Last edited by DEESAW; 06-13-2018 at 01:21 PM. Reason: picture said invalid

2. Thanks makecents, VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes makecents, VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome aboard!! I tried to open the pic but it said invalid attachment. Maybe one of the others will know what's wrong.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome! Try to post a picture directly to the forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the LCF! You can go back to your first post, click "Edit Post", then click "Go Advanced", scroll down about midway and click "Manage Attachments", then "Add Files" "Choose File" "Upload" (from your computer, you can upload multiple files), "Upload" (each one at a time) and then click "Done"

6. Thanks Lunstedt thanked for this post
    Likes makecents liked this post
    DEESAW
    Thank you! I did it in a different way before I read your post... looks like it may be working now

8. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    DEESAW
    Thank you ... looks like it's working now. I guess I'll get use to doing things some time soon

10. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    DEESAW
    Thank you. I just tried again ... think it worked

12. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the LCF... I moved your thread to New User Introduction... Nice pic for first post... I zoomed in best I could... I see a bunch of linear plating bubbles... Here is some info from our Glossary -

Blistered Plating (also called plating bubbles): Gas bubbles that form under the copper plating on copper-plated zinc planchets. Gasses or contaminants that get trapped under the plating expand from the resulting heat and pressure during the strike, causing the plating to push up. These bubbles can vary widely in scope and appearance ranging from small scattered bumps to large elongated or “linear” blisters.

If that is not what you are showing is I can try again... My old age Lots of knowledgeable folks here ready to help you out!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

14. Thanks makecents, VAB2013 thanked for this post
    DEESAW
    Sorry but that is not the picture I sent in the URL your showing ... My picture is of a 2009 formative years, reverse, the area is on the log under Abe. The holder, from a bundle of error coins I purchased in 2010 auction for ASPCA (I wasn't a coin collector & I"m now trying to learn), says "over-abraded error coin", but I don't know what that means & if it's actually an error. Thanks for your help

16. Thanks makecents thanked for this post
    Likes makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DEESAW View Post
    Sorry but that is not the picture I sent in the URL your showing ... My picture is of a 2009 formative years, reverse, the area is on the log under Abe. The holder, from a bundle of error coins I purchased in 2010 auction for ASPCA (I wasn't a coin collector & I"m now trying to learn), says "over-abraded error coin", but I don't know what that means & if it's actually an error. Thanks for your help
    Jim was showing you examples from the glossary here on the LFC. Look at the top of the page and you will see "glossary", click on that and you will see the alphabet. Hit the "B" and scroll down until you see "blistered plating". That is what he was referring too.

18. Thanks N/A thanked for this post