Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 28
    Quote Originally Posted by jfines69 View Post
    I don't use time tables... I am always late I would be more than happy to take a look at it... Send it my way when you can!!!
    Thank you Jim!! It will be in the mail tomorrow.

2. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 85
    Quote Originally Posted by makecents View Post
    I know that most all of you use a loupe to search with but very seldom do I. This is why I have some of the issues I do but prefer to search with my scope. I did look at it with my loupe though and it looks to be both. I think it may have been a blister at one time but has since been deflated leaving more copper on the west side but not having separation in the copper plating. I think getting this in Jim's hands will help solve the mystery. It would appear that has been other slight movement of the copper plating around this area too but I can't tell for sure.
    So you are saying it appears that Abe has passed the gas Sorry but I couldn't refuse a smart a%$ remark!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

4. Thanks makecents thanked for this post
    Likes makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I think it is similar to what you are saying Viv. We will see in a few days when someone with a lot more expertise has it in hand!
    Oh - I thought you were sending it to me See previous post about remarks
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

6. Thanks makecents thanked for this post
    Likes makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jim, you are such a mess!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Jim, you are such a mess!!
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Jon sent this coin to me for an in hand look... Thanks Jon... It is pretty cool looking... It is incuse... While it does look like the west side of a column and capital I believe it is a struck thru foreign object... The edges look crooked but are sharp when looking thru the loupe at 30x... The red arrow is what appears to be a die scratch/abrasion that I used for visual alignment in my overlay (last full rev pic)... The only column I was able to match closely with is C1... I did 3 close up pics with lite at slightly different angles!!!
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Jon sent this coin to me for an in hand look... Thanks Jon... It is pretty cool looking... It is incuse... While it does look like the west side of a column and capital I believe it is a struck thru foreign object... The edges look crooked but are sharp when looking thru the loupe at 30x... The red arrow is what appears to be a die scratch/abrasion that I used for visual alignment in my overlay (last full rev pic)... The only column I was able to match closely with is C1... I did 3 close up pics with lite at slightly different angles!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jim

11. Thanks makecents, VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes mustbebob, makecents, VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jfines69 View Post
    Another great job by Mr. Fines!! I can't thank you enough for your help and work on this! The pics and overlays are great and show it very well. Struck through it is. Thanks again Jim!

13. Thanks VAB2013, jfines69 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013, jfines69 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 30
    Great work Jon and Jim! It's nice to see unusual ones like this have an explanation... cool struck through foreign object!

15. Thanks jfines69 thanked for this post
    Likes jfines69 liked this post