Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

What place makes you glad you live where you do ?

Maybe an odd topic for a coin forum but I'm guessing we all enjoy a thing or two other than old Abe.
    I was walking the pups this morning and realized that I'm fairly lucky to live just a few miles away from Walnut Creek Park with it's 12+ miles of walking/biking trails that wind through the hills.
    I was wondering what local haunts everyone feels lucky to live close to.

John

WCP.jpg
    So sad ... My reverse consumption engine was a broken fuel gauge ... gonna look at coins now. John

2. Thanks makecents, VAB2013, jfines69 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is beautiful John and a fantastic looking pup too!! It would be hard for me to put my finger on any one place. Roanoke VA has the greatest park system I have ever seen. Roanoke county I think has 25 parks in a relatively small area and they are so well kept, that is what amazed me when we moved here over a decade ago. The same with all of the sports pavillians, so well kept. I'll try to get a few pics together the next day or two. Thanks for the post, it's great!!

Park link. http://parkview.roanokecountyva.gov/ParkView/
    Last edited by makecents; 07-08-2018 at 05:09 PM.

4. Thanks VAB2013, jfines69 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013, jfines69, Petespockets55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by makecents View Post
    That is beautiful John and a fantastic looking pup too!! It would be hard for me to put my finger on any one place. Roanoke VA has the greatest park system I have ever seen. Roanoke county I think has 25 parks in a relatively small area and they are so well kept, that is what amazed me when we moved here over a decade ago. The same with all of the sports pavillians, so well kept. I'll try to get a few pics together the next day or two. Thanks for the post, it's great!!

It's a beautiful park and Ruby (the pup) is a doll!
    Years ago I toured the Discover park down your way and it was truly fascinating !

John
    So sad ... My reverse consumption engine was a broken fuel gauge ... gonna look at coins now. John

6. Thanks makecents, VAB2013, jfines69 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneman227 View Post
    It's a beautiful park and Ruby (the pup) is a doll!
    Years ago I toured the Discover park down your way and it was truly fascinating !

John
    Ruby is a sweetheart, I can tell!! I had a Rottweiler white German Sheppard mix( Nala), she was my heart!! Lived to be 13, which is a good age for a large breed. I'm sure you have had more than one but cherish your babies as I'm sure you have!
    Last edited by makecents; 07-08-2018 at 06:49 PM.

8. Thanks VAB2013, jfines69, stoneman227 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have the best area to live. I collect coins, hunt for gold and play softball! It gets a little hot in the summer, but overall the weather's great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneman227 View Post
    Maybe an odd topic for a coin forum but I'm guessing we all enjoy a thing or two other than old Abe.
    I was walking the pups this morning and realized that I'm fairly lucky to live just a few miles away from Walnut Creek Park with it's 12+ miles of walking/biking trails that wind through the hills.
    I was wondering what local haunts everyone feels lucky to live close to.

John

WCP.jpg
    You have a DMPL lake!

11. Thanks stoneman227 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by makecents View Post

Roanoke is a neat area. We liked the little zoo, the over look from the sign area (don’t remember the name), the train museum was really cool, and gettin lost in the park system trying to get on the skyline road (think that’s the name). Plus there is a diner we like on the way to Blacksburg.

13. Thanks makecents thanked for this post
    Likes makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I live in Baltimore and I can’t say there is anything that I like about the city. But I am close to DC, Philadelphia, and NYC. So getting out of the city is whatnis best about Baltimore.

15. Thanks stoneman227 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by emodx View Post
    Roanoke is a neat area. We liked the little zoo, the over look from the sign area (don’t remember the name), the train museum was really cool, and gettin lost in the park system trying to get on the skyline road (think that’s the name). Plus there is a diner we like on the way to Blacksburg.
    Mill Mountain Zoo and overlook up by the star. Skyline actually runs down from DC and ends up running and turning into the Blue Ridge Parkway, which is a very nice drive. There are several mom and pop diners that are pretty good, so I'm not sure about that one.

Post Thanks / Like
    I live in Mount Pleasant, SC. A perfect location for me...4 Miles to the Beach. I can ride my bike or walk to shop, do city/county business (DMV, pay taxes, Etc.) see a movie or see the doctor. 3 miles from Interstate access. Medical Universities 6 miles away should I need it and world class resturants 6 miles in Downtown Charleston. History and Natural History stuff all over the freaking place. I go to the docks to get my Shrimp right off the boat. As they say, location, location, location - BUT - crappy coin shops so there is no paradise.

WS

18. Thanks stoneman227 thanked for this post