Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 179
    One last thing to add.

For example the big doubled like 84-P (ear), 83-P (reverse) 55-P (obverse).... are from one die.

So, like on your 84-D, it can not have the same doubled die like the 84-P die-1.
    That doesn't mean and can't have some different doubled die or even similar but it's no more likely to be anything simply because the big variety was from the same year from a different mint.

Not sure if I explained that well but so many times people post things asking if their coin is a big known doubled die but their coin is a different mintmark or one is a proof variety or bus strike variety. I'm saying any modern cent die variety is from one die, the one die is from one mint, it can be only the same type of coin (meaning proof or bus strike).
    So for example if a proof variety is listed, you won't find a bus strike of that variety, if a P is listed, you won't find a D of the same variety.

Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 6
    Not sure that a Denver LMC has been found to have a doubled ear lobe but, yours could be the first.

Link
    to various doubled ears over the years.

edit: 'hit' is a general/generic term for a nick, ding, dent, etc. from a foreign object.
    Last edited by TPring; 07-10-2018 at 09:27 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 67
    Quote Originally Posted by TPring View Post
    Not sure that a Denver LMC has been found to have a doubled ear lobe but, yours could be the first.

Link
    to various doubled ears over the years.

edit: 'hit' is a general/generic term for a nick, ding, dent, etc. from a foreign object.
    Let's not confuse the newbie anymore than we need to. It's a hit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 104
    Quote Originally Posted by Amiz View Post
    So do you still think what you said or what others said about this coin?
    And what is A Hit
    Is that a nick while in circulation or is that kinda like a clash error or?
    I am so sorry I'm afraid I am Not as good at this as I would like to be.
    Thank you Everyone in advance 4 your patience and your Assistance.
    Everyone here started out just like you so no need to be sorry... Before long you will catch on just like we did... I am with the others on the hit also known as PSD (Post Strike Damage)... Thanks for the follow up pics!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!