Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
    Post Thanks / Like

2016 1c WDDO-019

Additional Information
    Date: 2016P
    Variety: DDO
    Mint: Philadelphia
    Wexler: 2016 1c WDDO-019

While making a bigger mess trying to get organized, I ran across this...

In 2016 when the Shield cents first started coming out, I was searching for Trail Dies. I ran across 4 that looked like DDO's and sent one of them to BJ along with some TD's. BJ sent it back to me with a note that it was a minor DDO so I put it away. It was a honor for me to send coins to BJ and receive his attribution letters back in the mail. I have really missed him and hope that he will be back in the hobby soon!

Today I ran across this again. I looked to see if I ever posted this or found another one and I didn't see where I had (although that die gouge to the left of the I of IN seemed familiar, maybe on another DD) so I decided to look to see if it had been listed. It appears it was, as Wexler Die 019.

Photo with "0" is the one I sent to BJ and #1, 2 and 3 are the three other ones.

Sorry for multiple coins in one post but I couldn't think of any other way to do it

EDIT: The photos will be posted in two groups to keep them together.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by VAB2013; 07-11-2018 at 11:42 AM.

2. Thanks makecents thanked for this post
    Likes makecents, duece2seven liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is the second group of photos
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Thanks makecents thanked for this post
    Likes makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice group of DD's you had saved up there Viv!! Any time I try to get organized, it has to get worse before it gets better! It's funny how the markers stick with you. I've found myself recognizing some too but can't quite place them.

6. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by makecents View Post
    Nice group of DD's you had saved up there Viv!! Any time I try to get organized, it has to get worse before it gets better! It's funny how the markers stick with you. I've found myself recognizing some too but can't quite place them.
    Thank you Jon! I had put these DD's in flips along with the other trails I got back from BJ and they were all still in the same zip lock bag. Totally forgot about them

Yeppers, big huge mess underway over here! I have stuff labeled, but not in any kind of good order. Fixin' to fix that!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by makecents View Post
    It's funny how the markers stick with you. I've found myself recognizing some too but can't quite place them.
    Some Wexler marker notes I made trying to figure these 4 out were:

2016 Wexler 003 has die crack in the R-Liberty that does not show in listing photo (found thanks to Jim!)

2016 Wexler 019 listing photo shows the die crack in the R-Liberty

2016 Wexler 004 (Bob's Discovery) has die gouge to left of I-IN, close to the I

2016 Wexler 019 has die gouge to the left of I-IN, farther away than Bob's 004

Post Thanks / Like
    Have to make a mess in order to organize it Nice DDO... Attribution looks spot on... They looks to be slightly different die stages??? Notice across the top of ERT... There appears to be die chips developing and are in slightly different stages??? Also the die flow lines around IN look slightly different between the coins??? On the shield crack it is a little harder to tell because some of the chips have burst from corrosion or hits but those also appear to be of different stages???
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

10. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Jim for looking and confirming! I believe this is the first DD that I have found multiples of while searching bricks of solid new year Shields. I used to find a bunch of duplicate trail dies that way. It is cool to see that this one I pulled aside, even though it's minor, it got listed!

Yes Sir, my mess is getting less messy But I'm finding some finds that I didn't post, or posted and didn't finish following through
    I'm trying to get caught up and stay caught up!
    Last edited by VAB2013; 07-12-2018 at 08:54 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm impressed with your ability to organize, compare and describe Vivien!! Very well done!!

13. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joel View Post
    I'm impressed with your ability to organize, compare and describe Vivien!! Very well done!!
    Awww thank you Larry J! I was organized pretty well, then I let it slip and it became a mess finally got it back in shape!

15. Thanks joel thanked for this post
    Likes joel liked this post