Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaterSport View Post
    I agree Viv. I just drop by now and then to catch a few and move on when summer is around because I am just doing a bunch of stuff. So my solution does not work for me, and I wish i had more time to devote to these questions, topics and interesting post. But its my problem to work with.

WS
    Thank you Bob! It's always nice to see you pop in on the forum! Yes, summer time is busy and that in conjunction with work is extra hectic! I was just looking at the settings and I am subscribed to 3,164 threads but the notifications box is not checked. I was thinking that any thread you post to (whether it's your own or not) automatically subscribes you to it, but I'm not sure. This forum has a lot of different features that I have not figured out!

Post Thanks / Like
    So when you create a thread you can tag it under the text entry box you type in. And after a thread has been started you can add a tag.

11BD5572-D6CE-4F49-AACA-185B82DE779C.jpeg

3. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by emodx View Post
    So when you create a thread you can tag it under the text entry box you type in. And after a thread has been started you can add a tag.

11BD5572-D6CE-4F49-AACA-185B82DE779C.jpeg
    Okay, cool! But what word do you use for the tag, and how do you find the tagged ones? I've seen tags before at the bottom of searches but never tried it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Think I may have figured it out. It appears that if you post to a thread you are automatically subscribed to it. So to manage the subscriptions you want to follow, you have to go to Settings, then Subscriptions and click on the ones you no longer want to follow and select the option to delete the Subscription. There you can also select how you want to be notified of new posts. I'm going to try that and see how it works!

Post Thanks / Like
    Above the 1st post in a thread is a blue box with links... Click Thread Tools then click Subscribe to This Thread... Hope that helps... Also toward the top of the page is a Quick Links menu - Click it and navigate directly to your Subscribed Threads!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

7. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jfines69 View Post
    Above the 1st post in a thread is a blue box with links... Click Thread Tools then click Subscribe to This Thread... Hope that helps... Also toward the top of the page is a Quick Links menu - Click it and navigate directly to your Subscribed Threads!!!
    Thank you Jim! Problem is... I never clicked that to Subscribe to any thread and I was subscribed to over 3,000 threads. The notification was set to email and my email goes to my tablet so my tablet was constantly blinging with notifications. I turned off the notification by email. Now I'm seeing that any thread you start or reply to, it appears you are automatically subscribed to it. So... to use the "subscription" feature to keep up with unfinished business by only subscribing to those threads... it would help if there is a setting to "not automatically" subscribe you to everything. That is what I cannot figure out now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VAB2013 View Post
    Thank you Jim! Problem is... I never clicked that to Subscribe to any thread and I was subscribed to over 3,000 threads. The notification was set to email and my email goes to my tablet so my tablet was constantly blinging with notifications. I turned off the notification by email. Now I'm seeing that any thread you start or reply to, it appears you are automatically subscribed to it. So... to use the "subscription" feature to keep up with unfinished business by only subscribing to those threads... it would help if there is a setting to "not automatically" subscribe you to everything. That is what I cannot figure out now.
    There is a setting in your profile to subscribe to all threads... Go into Private Messages - My Settings - My Account- General Settings... You need to unclick it!!!
    Last edited by jfines69; 07-12-2018 at 12:09 PM.
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

10. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jfines69 View Post
    There is a setting in your profile to subscribe to all threads... Go into Private Messages - My Settings - My Account- General Settings... You need to unclick it!!!
    That is perfect! Thank you Jim!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VAB2013 View Post
    That is perfect! Thank you Jim!
    Hope that helps you out!!!
    Jim

13. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post