Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dinkyblue View Post
    Yes, VV 030 is a good match for the MM position. also in the lower left inside corner of the MM there is a small but distinguishing mark that is a match to mine. Went through most all of the 1961 D listing's and the only other one that has markers that seem to match mine is CC 1MM - 8. I do love my bank for this box, not sure if they have any more or not, wouldn't hurt to ask. Thank you Pete, for your information, 030 looks good.........................Dan
    You're welcome. Glad to help.
    Luckily there weren't many that were tilted or rotated so that narrowed it down quite a bit.
    (I have finally realized the split serif's are a good indication of tilted or rotated MM.)

2. Thanks dinkyblue thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stuff like this is always fun.

A lot of older rolls don't sell for much. I've been with dealers that were offered bags of old cents that said no, they didn't want them at face and told the sellers to take it to the bank, probably because the work of selling rolls wasn't worth their time and they don't search. If it was a good year I'd bud in and offer $60 a bag. I once offered on a weird group of 200 rolls of 80 cents that were odd mixed P-D rolls hopping I'd find 80-P DDO-001 but found nothing but a few of the debunked D/S.

I remember a story.... the 61-D over horizontal D (FS-501) was once sort of scarce. Until someone got a bag with lots of them and pretty much crushed the market. Still, most unc 60s bags are mostly full of MS64 and below, mostly MS63s so if you can find some nice RPMs above MS64 they still might do well.

Hoard them away, sell some doubles and lower grades to get other stuff.

4. Thanks dinkyblue thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That sounds like good advice, I'm still new at collecting coins only been doing it since 2013. I never have sold any of the coins that I collected so far. I do plan on keeping them most all are in BU condition. I did read about these 1961's 62, 63, and 64's that they were the worst struck as far as condition. I think it was PCGS said there are no grades above MS66 and that these years were some of the worst one's. So far I opened 7 rolls and got 10 to 11 RPM's out of each one. I thought too my self "this is amazing" to find this many in one roll and all in BU condition. If anyone needs an RPM let me know I have plenty of them. Thanks for the very helpful information...................Dan

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Viv, I have to stop myself from looking through more of the rolls trying to find that ever elusive double die, besides it more than likely Isn't there anyway. Out of 7 rolls I am close to 100 RPM's and yes they are in BU condition, but not worth very much as far as money goes. The finding them is what I like to do. Also I thank Petespocket he found the right RPM VV 030. Thanks again...................Dan
    Last edited by dinkyblue; 07-27-2018 at 07:16 AM.

7. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dinkyblue View Post
    Thank you Viv, I have to stop myself from looking through more of the rolls trying to find that ever elusive double die, besides it more than likely Isn't there anyway. Out of 7 rolls I am close to 100 RPM's and yes they are in BU condition, but not worth very much as far as money goes. The finding them is what I like to do. Also I thank Petespocket he found the right RPM VV 030. Thanks again...................Dan
    Wow Dan 100 RPM's is great out of just 7 rolls! You are going to have fun attributing those

Post Thanks / Like
    Thing is they all look about the same, could be some slight variation on some of them but for the most part they look the same.................Dan

10. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Christmas in July! Way to go.

12. Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow... I got to take care of my birds but will return to this later... Awesome snag Dan!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Been waiting for you Jim, last post I got was you were taking care of your birds and that you would return to this post, guess you forgot. If you see this please respond I have a question about these 1961 D's. Thanks......................Dan

Post Thanks / Like
    You will need to see if anyone trying to fill those holes with your RPMS ! Neat score indeed.

WS

16. Thanks dinkyblue thanked for this post