Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

1961 D RPM need a little help, to many to choose from

Additional Information
    Date: 1961
    Variety: RPM
    Mint: Denver

Went to the bank and ask the teller for a box of penny's, she said "you want new or old one's"? I said old of coarse. I got home and opened the box. All 2,500 of them are 1961 D's never opened in BU condition from the Denver branch federal reserve bank in Kansas City. Don't know where they been for 57 years but wow what a find. I opened 4 packs and found 44 RPM's in BU condition. Need an RPM? I keep having this feeling that there is a DDO or DDR in there some where. Please take a look at a random one....................dinkyblue
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dinkyblue; 07-26-2018 at 08:18 AM.

2. Thanks makecents, VAB2013, GrumpyEd, joel thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Incredible story. Go back there and get some more "old" LOL.

4. Thanks dinkyblue thanked for this post
    Likes makecents, VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    So far the count is 73 RPM's out of 5 rolls, and I still don't believe it. Can't understand how or why so many, those guy's must have been stamping mint marks constantly, some of them are tripled all BU, man what a deal. Also they have die cracks galore mainly on the reverse. I'm holding up opening more for now as I have to decide what I'm going to do with all of them. I don't sell coins, I just collect them. Thank you for taking a look....................Dan

6. Thanks makecents, VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would snag every roll I could !
    I would also save some of those rolls just the way they are. OBW rolls can only go up in value !
    Some years ago I bought a bank bag of 1968-D OBW rolls. Sold a few and opened a few but the majority I'm happy to just stash away !

John
    So sad ... My reverse consumption engine was a broken fuel gauge ... gonna look at coins now. John

8. Thanks dinkyblue thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes John, that is a great idea, I will leave a lot of them in their original bank roll. On an average after opening 5 rolls, I'm getting about 10-11 RPM's from each roll. Thank you for the information......................Dan

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice Dan!! You hit the Lincoln lottery there!! Beautiful coins and that is a sharp RPM.

11. Thanks dinkyblue thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't been very lucky lately, nothing worth while to post and then this. can't wait for Jim's response. Thank you Jon for looking. I'm posting a few more photo's of these 1961 D's I like CC 81 so far................Dan
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dinkyblue; 07-28-2018 at 10:14 AM.

13. Thanks makecents, VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats Dan for getting this awesome box of original bank rolls! You will have lots of fun going through all of those RPM's! Can't wait to see them!

61D's have some doubled working hub things going on, which could be what you are seeing on the pic above of "GOD" Jim and the guys can help with that. But there are some DD's that are not easy to see on circulated 61D's that you will be able to see on those BU beauties! What a nice surprise!!!

15. Thanks dinkyblue thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Viv, I have to stop myself from looking through more of the rolls trying to find that ever elusive double die, besides it more than likely Isn't there anyway. Out of 7 rolls I am close to 100 RPM's and yes they are in BU condition, but not worth very much as far as money goes. The finding them is what I like to do. Also I thank Petespocket he found the right RPM VV 030. Thanks again...................Dan
    Last edited by dinkyblue; 07-27-2018 at 07:16 AM.

17. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dinkyblue View Post
    Thank you Viv, I have to stop myself from looking through more of the rolls trying to find that ever elusive double die, besides it more than likely Isn't there anyway. Out of 7 rolls I am close to 100 RPM's and yes they are in BU condition, but not worth very much as far as money goes. The finding them is what I like to do. Also I thank Petespocket he found the right RPM VV 030. Thanks again...................Dan
    Wow Dan 100 RPM's is great out of just 7 rolls! You are going to have fun attributing those