Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Paid Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jfines69 View Post
    I see your point on that... Out of 11 stages and the RPM is easily visible thru the first 4 stages... After that with any circ wear and it would get missed... Thanks for the follow up!!!
    Thanks Jim! Just as an item of interest, the 1961-D RPM-4 has Stage A through Stage N (14 stages). I actually do have a number of coins that are in that Stage N with the 3rd reverse. I should carefully check and make sure no new die cracks or breaks showed up to give a new Stage O. The RPM is also still visible on these coins, which is nice. http://varietyvista.com/02b%20LC%20R...961DRPM004.htm

Dan

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by centMD View Post
    Thanks Jim! Just as an item of interest, the 1961-D RPM-4 has Stage A through Stage N (14 stages). I actually do have a number of coins that are in that Stage N with the 3rd reverse. I should carefully check and make sure no new die cracks or breaks showed up to give a new Stage O. The RPM is also still visible on these coins, which is nice. http://varietyvista.com/02b%20LC%20R...961DRPM004.htm

Dan
    That is some serious die life... I am surprised the RPM was that visible so late in the dies life!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

3. Thanks centMD thanked for this post
    Die & Design Expert, LCF Glossary Author willbrooks's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My goal is to complete my United States 1c date and mint mark set. I guess I should have married the rich girl instead.
    All opinions expressed are not necessarily shared by willbrooks or his affiliates. Taking them may result in serious side effects. Results may vary. Offer not valid in New Jersey.

5. Thanks centMD thanked for this post
    Likes Petespockets55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by willbrooks View Post
    My goal is to complete my United States 1c date and mint mark set. I guess I should have married the rich girl instead.
    Will, Hope your wife doesn't feel the same way!

7. Likes willbrooks liked this post