Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 31
    Quote Originally Posted by Coin5 View Post
    I just submitted this coin to JC for listing; but he said the die crack was to light to be listed as Unusual Die Crack (UDC). There will be others I guess
    There will be many others!! You're very early in the game and have already found so much and learned a great deal!! Keep at it, the worst they can do is say no. You will have plenty of yesses coming!!

2. Thanks Coin5 thanked for this post
    Likes Coin5 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 31
    Quote Originally Posted by Coin5 View Post
    I also think there is also a very clear die chip in the shield above the E in CENT, which can be used as a die marker maybe??? or it all depends on the age of each one. In other words, if the die crack appeared before the die chip the it will not always be present?? This is a question that has been haunting me with die markers as I supposed they don't have to be always present depending on their ages???
    Will be very happy if someone can explain that...
    Thanks.
    A die is ever changing until it is out of commission and you will run across coins where the opposing die has been changed out too which can be very confusing sometimes. As Bob has told us multiple times when dealing with varieties, go by the attributes of the variety itself, the markers are just helpers.

4. Thanks Coin5 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent answer, I think my suspicions were true... Actually just logical thinking...
    Thanks.

6. Thanks makecents thanked for this post
    Likes makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 86
    Cool... Thanks for the follow up... The last pic looks like it shows a connection between the cracks... To bad it is not listable as a UDC... Next time maybe!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

8. Thanks Coin5 thanked for this post