Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    It doesn't move the bottom of the letters, it polishes the area between the letters creating a gap.

2. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is it a very heavy or strong buffing type wheel that creates enough friction that can actually move the bottom part of the A or M over a little bit from some created heat and plain force?
    Think of it like 2 pyramids almost touching close together, as you sand away the layer from the bottom up you get 2 smaller pyramids that are further apart.

4. Thanks VAB2013, Indie thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013, Indie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ahh such info this group offers. You can not find it elsewhere so welcome.

WS

6. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BorrowedTime&Money View Post
    GrumpyEd,
    thanks for the nice break down regarding the AM errors. Having seen so many close AM's on most smaller US coins and searching for many of them on google would not show any results. Now I understand a lot more about them and the initials being so important, but still a little fuzzy about the die polishing. Is it a very heavy or strong buffing type wheel that creates enough friction that can actually move the bottom part of the A or M over a little bit from some created heat and plain force?

Thanks again and I appreciate your time

Note: As soon as I posted this thread I got hit with something out of the blue and it knocked me out like an Ali right hook, for almost a week I still want to upload my pics to help clarify everything I wrote. Next thread I will be more prepared to do it right
    Hard to do it right if you don't duck the hook Glad you were able to make it back!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!