Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

Thread: 1951 D RPM 4

Post Thanks / Like

1951 D RPM 4

Additional Information
    Date: 1951
    Variety: RPM
    Mint: Denver
    Variety Lists: CONECA TOP 100

This makes Coin # 87 of my top 100 CONECA RPM's. Its got some toning so I thought I would post it for those of you who like it.

WS

1951Drpm4obv.jpg1951drpm4rev.jpgrpm4.png

2. Thanks makecents, VAB2013, jfines69 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice toning.
    (Just curious, is it a 64RB?)

4. Thanks WaterSport thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice Top 100!! I like the subtle toners!

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice RPM WS! Thanks for posting it and congrats for chipping away at those top 100 CONECA RPM's!

7. Thanks WaterSport thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Petespockets55 - Yes it was graded by PCI as 64 R&B in a Chuck Daughterly signed and attributed holder. You may have seen it on ebay for the past 100 years. The price began to drop and I sold some coins and thought it would be a decent example for my set.

WS

9. Thanks VAB2013, Petespockets55 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013, Petespockets55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaterSport View Post
    Petespockets55 - Yes it was graded by PCI as 64 R&B in a Chuck Daughterly signed and attributed holder. You may have seen it on ebay for the past 100 years. The price began to drop and I sold some coins and thought it would be a decent example for my set.

WS
    Thanks for the reply Bob. Are you trying to get your CONECA Top 100 all in slabs or will some be "raw" attributions?
    (Either way, they will be a site to behold.)

11. Likes WaterSport liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Since I owe my soul to PCGS, and since many of the top 100 are required in the PCGS variety registries I am having all of the cents slabbed by them. But keep in mind PCGS will not attribute a variety not already in the CPG. So therefore 60% of the top 100 cents are in unattributed PCGS holders. I know to some this may seem weird but it also helps with storage and organization and I just put a sticker denoting what the attribution is. And to complicate matters further - PCGS allows for collectors to post a non official or personalized registry set , as in, you can list what you like. But again, no raw or other TPG coins can be listed - just coins in PCGS holders.

WS

Post Thanks / Like
    I like it!! Very cool RPM!! #87 WOW!!

14. Thanks WaterSport thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is a pretty coin... Checking yours with VVs 004 http://varietyvista.com/02a%20LC%20R...951DRPM004.htm yours should be a late Stage B or early Stage C... On Stage B the 9s tail, west side, still has what looks like a reengraved section but it is gone on C yours does not appear to have it... Also Stage C has cracks and chips on the 9/5s tails which yours does not have... At least PCGS lets you place any of the top 100 in your registry whether in the CPG or not!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

16. Thanks WaterSport thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaterSport View Post
    Since I owe my soul to PCGS, and since many of the top 100 are required in the PCGS variety registries I am having all of the cents slabbed by them. But keep in mind PCGS will not attribute a variety not already in the CPG. So therefore 60% of the top 100 cents are in unattributed PCGS holders. I know to some this may seem weird but it also helps with storage and organization and I just put a sticker denoting what the attribution is. And to complicate matters further - PCGS allows for collectors to post a non official or personalized registry set , as in, you can list what you like. But again, no raw or other TPG coins can be listed - just coins in PCGS holders.

WS
    Thanks Bob. I was trying to figure out how you were doing it since I knew you preferred PCGS and they don't attribute all varieties (only FS#'s I believe).
    It all makes sense now.