Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1968P-1DO-006

Post Thanks / Like
    Vivien, there is no magic or special knowledge, it's just the fact that I have lots of time and pennies. Also, I just focus on the obvious DDs. The examination of certain dates for RPMs does slow down my search. You work 40 hours a week and I often search 40+ hours a week. So no special talent or location is involved. I enjoy the search knowing that I will make a find.
    Last edited by joel; 08-10-2018 at 07:13 AM.

2. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes GrumpyEd, VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting that the coin has hardly any wear at all, it's sort of an abused unc. It looks worn because it's a notorious 68 with a heaping dose of the motto into the rim, it looks like it was an unc dropped on the floor and stepped on and stained but hardly any real wear from being used.

4. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joel View Post
    Vivien, there is no magic or special knowledge, it's just the fact that I have lots of time and pennies. Also, I just focus on the obvious DDs. The examination of certain dates for RPMs does slow down my search. You work 40 hours a week and I often search 40+ hours a week. So no special talent or location is involved. I enjoy the search knowing that I will make a find.
    Well Larry J. I know you are not one to brag, so I'll brag for you and the rest of the Lincoln finders here! It does take special knowledge, that we all get from each other and especially the pros here on the LCF! You are right, the more Lincoln's you search and the more knowledge you have, the more you will find

I'm really happy for you that you have time to spend on this hobby that you enjoy! 40+ hours a week is awesome!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyEd View Post
    Interesting that the coin has hardly any wear at all, it's sort of an abused unc. It looks worn because it's a notorious 68 with a heaping dose of the motto into the rim, it looks like it was an unc dropped on the floor and stepped on and stained but hardly any real wear from being used.
    Thank you Ed for your observation! Yes, I agree it looks to have been treated rather gently for a 68 in circulation! People are rough with these Lincoln's so when we can find them with very little wear, that's a big bonus!

7. Likes GrumpyEd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent find spotting that one Vivien... Did you take a good look at CCs 007 http://www.coppercoins.com/lincoln/d...&die_state=mds Comparing yours with CCs 007 and 006 https://coppercoins.com/lincoln/dies...&die_state=eds I noticed that the angle of the split on the G of GODs serif is closer to 007 than 006??? Also 007 looks to have a lot of abrasions running in different directions like yours???
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

9. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jfines69 View Post
    Excellent find spotting that one Vivien... Did you take a good look at CCs 007 http://www.coppercoins.com/lincoln/d...&die_state=mds Comparing yours with CCs 007 and 006 https://coppercoins.com/lincoln/dies...&die_state=eds I noticed that the angle of the split on the G of GODs serif is closer to 007 than 006??? Also 007 looks to have a lot of abrasions running in different directions like yours???
    Thank you Jim! Yes, I did look at Coppercoins 007 but the R of Trust did not look the same, it didn't show the separation that CC's 006 shows. Already put the coin away, let me get it back out and look again. To be continued...

Post Thanks / Like
    Well Jim, I compared it to 007 again and can't see any die abrasions that look like a match. A few are close on the reverse, but not close enough. Could it be that the hit on the G is just enough to mess with us?

Post Thanks / Like
    You may be correct... I will take a better look a little later... Thanks Vivien!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

13. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think it is CCs 006 https://coppercoins.com/lincoln/dies...&die_state=eds as you stated... The die dot at the 9 on yours doesn't look correct to me but that may be the die stage and lighting differences??? On the 6s inner loop I noticed what appears to be a small chip or scrape on the ENE edge of the loop... That appears to be there on yours and CCs... With the abrasions that CC shows around LIBERTY and the die dots between the 19 not being there on yours I think your sample may be a MDS??? Thanks for keeping me straight on this Vivien... I appreciate it!!!
    Jim

15. Likes GrumpyEd liked this post