Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 83

Unanswered: 1961D RPM maybe CCs/VVs 015???

This is another coin that Dan (dinkyblue) sent me to look at... I think it is CCs 015 http://www.coppercoins.com/lincoln/d...&die_state=mds which crosses to VVs 015 http://varietyvista.com/02b%20LC%20R...961DRPM015.htm but am not 100% sure... There are no matching markers I can find and while the overlay that, with permission from Copper Coins and Bobs continued support (Thanks Bob), I made shows everything it could be aligned a comparison of the MMs side by side makes me question it especially the lower split... It appears to be the same shape and angle but the 2 do not appear to be in the same location on the MMs... Also on Dans coin I can not see the RPM portion on the inside of the lower loop that CC points out??? VV has listings for Stage B - Stage E... Taking into account die wear and all markers Dans coin does not fit in any stage on VV and I do not think Dans would be a Stage A??? All comments and questions are welcome... Thanks for letting me examine these coins for you Dan... I do appreciate it... Wish I could have had a firm answer for you!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

2. Thanks makecents, VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes makecents, TPring, VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 3
    Counterfeit?

New/undiscovered RPM?

edit: Into the aggravation can!
    Last edited by TPring; 6 Days Ago at 04:54 AM.
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice -- Freewill

4. Likes makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 13
    Nice work Jim and great pics!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 15
    Great looking RPM Dan! Congrats! Also great pics and study Jim! Jim, do you think this is one of those RPM's that the inside loop shows up better at later die states? It seems to look that way in VV listing pics? If so, could that same thing cause the lower split to be more pronounced at a later die state?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VAB2013 View Post
    Great looking RPM Dan! Congrats! Also great pics and study Jim! Jim, do you think this is one of those RPM's that the inside loop shows up better at later die states? It seems to look that way in VV listing pics? If so, could that same thing cause the lower split to be more pronounced at a later die state?
    This I am not sure of... Most of the RPMs that exhibit that are located in the field (on the die face) and not deep into the MM like 015 would be... It may be that my lack of understanding on those types of RPMs are what is confusing me???
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

8. Likes willbrooks liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 15
    I looked back to see if Larry J. or someone else has found an 015 to compare to and didn't see anything.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VAB2013 View Post
    I looked back to see if Larry J. or someone else has found an 015 to compare to and didn't see anything.
    Thanks for the help... I think the only way that this RPM and the other one are going to get confirmed as an existing or new listing are by one of the pros... Dan will need to decide on the next step to take!!!
    Jim

11. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post