Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

How to attach ebay listing to thread

Can someone instruct me in this? Thanks in advance.

2. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay... I'm trying this while I type...

Go to ebay and click on the coin you want to link to
    Go to the top of the window and right click, then click copy (that line should turn completely blue when you click the url)
    Go to your thread, click the world icon next to the smiley face, a Link box will pop up
    Inside the Link box, right click and then click paste then click ok

The Link should now show in your thread post, like this

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1972-72-1C-...oln+Cent&rt=nc

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice 72 Die 1 on that link BTW

been watching it to see what it sells for!

Post Thanks / Like
    I just highlight the link with my cursor, right click, click copy got to my posting, click where I want to paste, right click then click paste... Interesting coin... What is the PCGS number 2948 in the Product Identifiers section???
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

6. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jfines69 View Post
    I just highlight the link with my cursor, right click, click copy got to my posting, click where I want to paste, right click then click paste... Interesting coin... What is the PCGS number 2948 in the Product Identifiers section???
    Jim, I don't know what the PCGS number 2948 is. Looks like he selling it raw unless those pics were taken before it was slabbed.
    Last edited by VAB2013; 08-14-2018 at 09:41 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VAB2013 View Post
    Jim, I don't know what the PCGS number 2948 is. Looks like he selling it raw unless those pics were taken before it was slabbed.

Remember an old thread where I said that PCGS will grade most regular coins and some big varieties (big stuff in the CPG or redbook) for the normal grading fee (no attribution/error fee). So if the variety has a PCGS coin number it can be graded for the regular grading fee and 2948 is their coin number for a brown 72 DDO die-1. Other 72 DDOs don't have a number so if you want em attributed you need to pay the extra error fee (maybe extra $24).

Then remember many times I peeve about that I wish PCGS did not let Ebay set up the thing where you can auto fill your listings with the PCGS coin description from Coinfacts for raw coins because they could put that DDO die-1 coin number in for anything, a non DDO or a copy or different DDO and I always said they should only let it be used for coins in PCGS slabs with the matching coin number. Like this coin is raw, I would not call it brown but it looks like it is the DDO but still the PCGS info is not relevant and can be misleading for raw coins. It's crazy, they allow their brand name to be used at all when raw coins are sold that PCGS has never seen and may not match the number. But, this listing seems ok as far as that goes it seems to be the right coin but it is RAW.

The number comes from:
    http://www.pcgscoinfacts.com/coin/detail/2948

9. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I showed the 3 ways in your other thread, the way you did will work but it's the longest and most likely to mess up so there are 2 better ways:

http://www.lincolncentforum.com/foru...bay-attachment

Post Thanks / Like
    Just adding...

The other silly thing about them letting it be used that way is if you look up by coin number you will probably see the top graded example that they have a photo of in Coinfacts and it will be a slabbed high grade example so AGAIN it's silly and confusing because that coin number will show a slabbed PCGS MS66 BN but the one in the listing is a lower grade raw coin. And to top it off it confuses buyers like Jim and VIV were puzzling what does it mean, is it raw or blessed by PCGS as real or a certain grade or whatever or they'll think it's really the high grade example that the number will show in Coinfacts.

To look up a specific graded coin you look up the certification number not the coin number, all of the graded 72 DDO die-1 in BN will have that number UNLESS the person wanted the FS number on the slab and paid the extra fee then will have a number starting with E and in either case a real graded coin will have the E number or the coin number PLUS the certification number (not just a coin number). So again, the average buyer might not realize that just because they auto filled the listing with the coin number does not mean it's graded.

LOL, you can tell I think it's completely silly, call me Grumpy hahaha

On top of all that, the other issue is that some people that sell coins on Ebay and use that silly autofill do not bother putting in any description beyond that silly autofilled gagaga. Like it does not clearly say it is red or brown or never cleaned or anything except the autofilled stuff so if you buy it and complain that it has some issue they seller can say "I never said it wasn't cleaned" because they never said anything at all. I'm not saying the listed coin has any issue but in fact the seller did not describe it at all other than the autofill, not one single word of real description.
    Last edited by GrumpyEd; 08-15-2018 at 01:11 AM.

12. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well Grumpy LOL... great explanation, thank you! I agree it can be very misleading, especially on a coin that is more questionable than this one is. No way to know if it has something other than the black spot on the reverse that could cause a low grade... or if the Seller just didn't want to fool with sending it in. My thought is, if it could grade decent why not go ahead and get it slabbed. Then there are not so many unanswered questions and the Seller could probably make more money on the sale. Am I thinking clearly?

14. Likes GrumpyEd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VAB2013 View Post
    Well Grumpy LOL... great explanation, thank you! I agree it can be very misleading, especially on a coin that is more questionable than this one is. No way to know if it has something other than the black spot on the reverse that could cause a low grade... or if the Seller just didn't want to fool with sending it in. My thought is, if it could grade decent why not go ahead and get it slabbed. Then there are not so many unanswered questions and the Seller could probably make more money on the sale. Am I thinking clearly?
    I think selling raw is ok as long as people give good pics and info, I just don't think it should include the canned description from a TPG and a coin number if it's raw because it's confusing and not relevant for a raw coin.

16. Thanks VAB2013, Petespockets55 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013, Petespockets55 liked this post