Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jfines69 View Post
    That spike is nice... At first I thought 017 http://cuds-on-coins.com/lincoln-cen...ads-1990-1999/ then I noticed that the arcs of the crack are different... Looked a little farther down and noticed it appears to be 024 I could be wrong tho... JC will need to make that call... That is very interesting on the possible DDR... CC only has the one listed and Wexler has 2 one of which crosses to CCs 009... VV doesn't have any of the steps... I would be more than happy to take some pics for you but your coin would still need to be seen by one of the pros... Wexler is backlogged big time so Wiles may be your best bet to get it listed... I am sure Bob would like to look at it in hand but CC is not adding any thing new so there is not much Bob could do???
    Thanks Jim!! I stopped on 17 too but mine is slightly different and believe it or not I went looking for 24. I had PM'ed Bob and he said he could check it out in 2 or 3 weeks. If you are up to it, I'll send it to you in the meantime to get your thoughts and some better pics. I also found another with what looks like doubled steps if you would like to take a look at it too? It's an 88D.

2. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by makecents View Post
    Thanks Jim!! I stopped on 17 too but mine is slightly different and believe it or not I went looking for 24. I had PM'ed Bob and he said he could check it out in 2 or 3 weeks. If you are up to it, I'll send it to you in the meantime to get your thoughts and some better pics. I also found another with what looks like doubled steps if you would like to take a look at it too? It's an 88D.
    Send them both my way... I will do what I can for you... If Bob is ready by the time I am finished I will send the one in this thread directly to him... If JC gets to this one soon it will be 24
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

4. Thanks makecents thanked for this post
    Likes makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Send them both my way... I will do what I can for you... If Bob is ready by the time I am finished I will send the one in this thread directly to him... If JC gets to this one soon it will be 24
    Thank you for taking time to do this Jim!! I could not believe I ran across what looks to be another one from a different date and mm. I think I'll wait to send to JC until we can determine what it is. It would be a nice marker if it is doubled steps. I'll send them out tomorrow.

6. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for taking time to do this Jim!! I could not believe I ran across what looks to be another one from a different date and mm. I think I'll wait to send to JC until we can determine what it is. It would be a nice marker if it is doubled steps. I'll send them out tomorrow.
    Cool... Looking forward to seeing these in hand... Thanks!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

8. Thanks makecents, VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes makecents, VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for letting me take a look and get pics of your coin... I appreciate it... I do not think it is a DDR... The best I can tell is it is an abraded clash of at least 2 events... I got some close ups of the bays just above the steps and can clearly see the abrasions and what appear to be clash remnants... The remnants are in B4, B7, B8, B9 and B10... There also appears to be possible remnants east of C12 and the upper base... I also did overlays of the 2 events I can somewhat identify... I also got a close up of the spike... The clash and spike pics will be in a 2nd post!!!
    Jim

10. Thanks makecents, VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes makecents, VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here are the overlays and spike pics!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jim

12. Thanks makecents thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for letting me take a look and get pics of your coin... I appreciate it... I do not think it is a DDR... The best I can tell is it is an abraded clash of at least 2 events... I got some close ups of the bays just above the steps and can clearly see the abrasions and what appear to be clash remnants... The remnants are in B4, B7, B8, B9 and B10... There also appears to be possible remnants east of C12 and the upper base... I also did overlays of the 2 events I can somewhat identify... I also got a close up of the spike... The clash and spike pics will be in a 2nd post!!!
    Fantastic pics Jim!! That's a lot better than what I had!! Thank you for all your hard work on this! I never even saw the clash! The abrasions just seemed so consistent in bays 3 and 4 and the spacing seemed close enough that it got my attention.

14. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here are the overlays and spike pics!!!
    Very nice work on the overlays and great Spike pics!! Do you mind if I use your pics to send to JC?

16. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fantastic pics Jim!! That's a lot better than what I had!! Thank you for all your hard work on this! I never even saw the clash! The abrasions just seemed so consistent in bays 3 and 4 and the spacing seemed close enough that it got my attention.
    That would have gotten my attention also... Image stacking software has really helped with my pics... There is no way I would be able to get pics worth a darn with out it... I take several slightly out of focus pics and let the software put them together... If I tried that myself it would take me a year to stitch the pics together with needle and thread
    Jim

18. Thanks makecents thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice work on the overlays and great Spike pics!! Do you mind if I use your pics to send to JC?
    They are your pics to do with what you wish!!!
    Jim

20. Thanks makecents thanked for this post