Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jfines69 View Post
    That is very interesting... Did you use a regular tooth brush... I have a childs extra soft... When I need to use it I start from the center and sweep to the rim... Helps prevent dragging debri across the coins surface... I think the hydrogen peroxide in an ultra sonic cleaner is a good idea to try... Not sure how much more effective it would be tho... The bubbles in the peroxide is what lifts and moves the debri... Hopefully the ultra sonic action doesn't separate the hydrogen out that mixes with oxygen and creates a rocket fuel then it wouldn't matter if it works or not
    Yeh, a regular toothbrush since it was only experimental and I wasn't worried about damage. But the child extra soft is probably a good idea. And that sonic cleaner sounds like a winner.
    Maybe that sonic cleaner separating the hydrogen is how NASA will create new age rocket fuel?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uglycent View Post
    Try a high quality q-tip, You have more control and if you don't push you have very little chance of leaving a scratch. I I do this with some 99% rubbing alcohol to break down any oil holing the grit.
    I've used Q-tips before but as ragged as this one was fibers would have been hard to remove.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Petespockets55 View Post
    Yeh, a regular toothbrush since it was only experimental and I wasn't worried about damage. But the child extra soft is probably a good idea. And that sonic cleaner sounds like a winner.
    Maybe that sonic cleaner separating the hydrogen is how NASA will create new age rocket fuel?
    Ground control to Major Cliff
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

4. Likes Petespockets55 liked this post