Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1969 D No FG?

Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 117
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyEd View Post
    Agree it's almost a no FG but not quite.

Interesting that 69-D is one of a few years that the fully no FG cents are known to exist.
    (other years I've seen are 72-D and 83-P)

Probably a good thing to look for in 69-D unc rolls, the PCGS price guide says $625 in 65RD for a full no FG!

Notice that yours is not the same die as the one in their listing, the D position is different.

http://www.pcgscoinfacts.com/coin/detail/415500/65
    I sold a MS65 back in the Teletrade days for $800. More recently sold a 64RD at Great Collections for $277, and I currently have a 63RD up for auction at GC. You can't hardly get rid of them in circulated condition, but the PCGS graded population is still low, so registry collectors pay big premiums for these in MS grades. I will add that PCGS is extremely picky with these and the area has to be as smooth as the adjacent field to get the no FG designation.
    Last edited by jallengomez; 08-31-2018 at 07:20 AM.
    “What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence.”

2. Thanks Coin5, Petespockets55, VAB2013, GrumpyEd, willbrooks thanked for this post
    Likes Coin5, Petespockets55, VAB2013, GrumpyEd liked this post
    Die & Design Expert, LCF Glossary Author willbrooks's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 392
    Quote Originally Posted by jallengomez View Post
    I sold a MS65 back in the Teletrade days for $800. More recently sold a 64RD at Great Collections for $277, and I currently have a 63RD up for auction at GC. You can't hardly get rid of them in circulated condition, but the PCGS graded population is still low, so registry collectors pay big premiums for these in MS grades. I will add that PCGS is extremely picky with these and the area has to be as smooth as the adjacent field to get the no FG designation.
    All for a damaged die. lol. Makes no sense whatsoever. It's all salesmanship.
    All opinions expressed are not necessarily shared by willbrooks or his affiliates. Taking them may result in serious side effects. Results may vary. Offer not valid in New Jersey.

4. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013, Coin5, Maineman750 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by willbrooks View Post
    All for a damaged die. lol. Makes no sense whatsoever. It's all salesmanship.
    Put it in the Cherry Pickers' Guide and they will come. lol

6. Likes Coin5, Maineman750 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 60
    This thread sent me looking at the no fg/s I put aside and I believe I have a 69D that fits the bill, though circulated. But I also found a 1988P that is bald as a baby's behind. Any word on those?

8. Thanks Coin5 thanked for this post
    Likes Coin5 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Roller View Post
    This thread sent me looking at the no fg/s I put aside and I believe I have a 69D that fits the bill, though circulated. But I also found a 1988P that is bald as a baby's behind. Any word on those?
    About the only one that ever commanded a premium was the 69D, and only because it's a CPG variety. It's basically only in MS, TPG certified grades that there is a market for them.

Post Thanks / Like
    About the only one that ever commanded a premium was the 69D, and only because it's a CPG variety. It's basically only in MS, TPG certified grades that there is a market for them.
    That's exactly right. The illuminati speaks and the sheeple listen and obey....and pay.

Just remembered about those ridiculous "reengraved jackets" or whatever the proxy writers put in there the last edition as a variety. I should put that in my cue to write about. Absolute silliness.
    Last edited by willbrooks; 09-01-2018 at 04:48 AM.
    All opinions expressed are not necessarily shared by willbrooks or his affiliates. Taking them may result in serious side effects. Results may vary. Offer not valid in New Jersey.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by willbrooks View Post
    That's exactly right. The illuminati speaks and the sheeple listen and obey....and pay.

Just remembered about those ridiculous "reengraved jackets" or whatever the proxy writers put in there the last edition. I'll put that in my cue to write about. Absolute silliness.
    Wish I could have a go at editing that thing. I have a lot of crap I'd like to be able to sell at high dollar.

Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 60
    I would certainly put my MS grade up for sale as soon as I found one. Right along with the three legged buffalo.

13. Likes GrumpyEd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wish I could have a go at editing that thing. I have a lot of crap I'd like to be able to sell at high dollar.
    Right. Another approach is that we could just tell people the truth about their coins... but that's a hard sell as we already know. People don't want the truth, they want to think their garbage is worth a pile of money. Sadly, there are always people who will tell them so in order to line their own pockets.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Roller View Post
    I would certainly put my MS grade up for sale as soon as I found one. Right along with the three legged buffalo.
    My advice is that you should sell it...soon. In my opinion, some of the "experts" promoting this crap are no better than the Chinese counterfeiting it, and I'm just getting started.
    Last edited by willbrooks; 09-01-2018 at 04:49 AM.

16. Likes GrumpyEd liked this post