Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
    Post Thanks / Like

Grocery store coin machine bags.

This story irked me unbelievably. I had a terrible incident happen to me asking for a bag from grocery store coin machine. The owner confronted me over this a threatened to prosecute me for trying to get a bag. What happened was I noticed that someone dumped some good stuff in machine and thought I could find some good stuff. Well the owner called me in office next day threatening to prosecute me saying that was stealing from him. Well to make matters worse he said he was going to fire everyone who helped me in past. So I offered to work community service hours to make sure everyone kept job. After I said that he decided to drop the stituation and said dont do it again. When I was in his office he had bags full of silver and wheats on his desk. Overall my impression is the guy was a very greedy man and wanted all the stuff himself. I spend 5-700 dollars a month at that store well not anymore.

Post Thanks / Like
    Strange reaction, the owner could have simply said NO.

The strangest reaction I got was at a bank, I'd got customer wrapped rolls at before and never had an issue.
    One day I asked and the teller walked over and talked to another teller, they both looked at me and the teller came back with some rolls but acted rude like said nothing and no eye contact... she got out a sharpie pen and started marking off account numbers on some of the rolls and gave them to me.
    (years ago some banks asked you to write your account number on rolls, I guess that way if they were short or full of washers they could know who brought them).

Anyway I thought it was stupid because by doing it they're risking peoples info over a few cents. Then their reaction to me was odd. I assume they thought they had issues with someone doing something with account numbers off their rolls and the way they acted was like "here's that crook".

3. Likes Jacob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    To be honest Im not bothered by it to much because nobody got fired. Im just going to stick with the banks now on because people react to weirdly anymore.

Post Thanks / Like
    All the store owner had to do was tell you he collects coins... The threats of prosecution would never hold up as you were not stealing... If he fired some one for exchanging coins for an equal amount back in cash then there is no grounds to fire unless of course you are in an At Will state... As for the bank tellers it sounds like they were irked because they had to do a little extra work... Some times people are just lazy... I under stand the need for identity security but ig they were so concerned why not remove the wrappers and give you the coins... Do they mark out the info prior to sending the rolls out thru the system or remove the wrappers??? Probably not!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

6. Likes Jacob, GrumpyEd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just talked to an employee there and found some disturbing news. People got fired over this and now Im not happy. As far as breaking law on this on what grounds did anybody do anything wrong. Im very confused on this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    I just talked to an employee there and found some disturbing news. People got fired over this and now Im not happy. As far as breaking law on this on what grounds did anybody do anything wrong. Im very confused on this.
    Nobody did anything wrong in regards to the Lincolns.

Some people are on power trips.
    I guess it's his right as the owner to be a moron, but maybe he needs to take anger management classes from Jack Nicholson?
    I hope how he treats people catches up to him.

Sounds like a report to the local news station might be in order. A little heat for his treatment of customers and employees might sway him but then again....

Post Thanks / Like
    People got fired over this and now Im not happy. As far as breaking law on this on what grounds did anybody do anything wrong. Im very confused on this.
    I agree I'd feel sorry to the workers that got the shaft for helping you.

Nobody broke a law but they may not have followed the words of the boss.
    I think I'd put it in perspective, it wasn't your fault. Sounds like if the owner/boss was that bad that if this didn't happen something else would happen sooner or later.

10. Likes Petespockets55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not your fault some power hungry dictator fired people... Also keep in mind that you may not know with 100% certainty that is why some one was fired or were actually fired... If I worked there and some one was fired for attempting customer service I personally would find a job elsewhere!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

12. Likes Petespockets55 liked this post