Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
    Post Thanks / Like

2017-P Lincoln Cents OBW rolls

Hello all, hey I would like some suggestions on the 2017-P Lincoln Cents. I was wondering if I were to keep the bricks I have unopened will it be a great investment?. Due to the fact that it is the 225th year of the Philly mint with the only time the "P" was added.

Also I was wondering if I should just open them up to hunt for DDO"s?...I just really want to make the right move, I see where there were over 4 Billion minted this is why I am asking you all in what would you do... Thank you for your time and feedback.

Patrick G.
    Patrick G.

2. Thanks makecents, Coin5, Petespockets55, VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes makecents, Coin5, Petespockets55, VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even though I have found some 2017 DDO's, none of them were in solid Original, just pocket change or regular BW rolls.
    I received two bricks myself and have only gone through about 15 rolls without finding any DDO's.
    I'm thinking it may be useful to go through some random ones of them for curiosity sake. This should give you an idea of the rest of the rolls.

Like Ed has said before, most of the rolls in a brick will probably be from maybe 10-15 die pairs being collected in one big hopper. So most of the coins will have similar die pairs.
    If you are lucky enough to find one DDO there is a good likely hood you will find more.

Happy hunting if you do, and remember to keep your eyes peeled for high grade specimens, especially with NO spots.

4. Likes makecents, GrumpyEd, VAB2013, lineop3 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think coin condition will end up being the major factor with the 2017Ps??? The varieties will be a secondary consideration??? So far there is only one real nice DD reported to VV http://varietyvista.com/01e%20LC%20D...017%20cent.htm and Wexler http://doubleddie.com/2318537.html with more of the minor DDs on Wexlers site... Just my thought as I am not really a collector nor do I buy/sell coins!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

6. Likes Petespockets55, VAB2013, lineop3 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in with Cliff and Jim! You can see the spotty ones without a scope, especially with good day light in a well lit room. I did that with roll after roll and only found a couple with a few spots, none with no spots.

8. Likes lineop3, Petespockets55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have nothing positive to say about the 2017 at this time...nor for the 2018 for that matter

10. Likes Petespockets55 liked this post