Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Anthony for this amazing gift! Very old stamps and some Lincoln ones too!

Thank you so much Anthony for the amazing and very thoughtful gift! I have never seen old stamps like these and they are so cool! I did some research to find out just how old they are and here's what I found. Anthony please correct me if I'm wrong or you'd like to add more history info... I wasn't 100% sure about some of the colors.

1922-1923 - 3c Lincoln stamp looks violet (two of them, one cancelled in St. Louis, MO)
    What I found out about this stamp is... the photo was taken just a few days before Lincoln's 55th birthday and it became the official portrait for the Bureau of Engraving and Printing for Lincoln. It was issued in Washington, D.C. and Hodgenville, KY which is about 3 miles from Lincoln's birthplace at Rock Spring Farm.

1923 - 14c American Indian looks deep blue (two of them, one looks cancelled)

1931 - 15c Liberty stamp

1932 - 3c Washington stamp Design A226 looks deep violet

1954-61 - Liberty Series Lincoln 4 cent stamp listed as brownish rose/red violet but this stamp looks vibrant magenta!

There are many other very interesting facts that I found about these stamps! Kind of similar to collecting Lincoln's, there's so much to know! I can see why many people are stamp collectors, I find them very amazing especially considering the fact that they are made from paper and have been carefully preserved for so long. I was very very careful touching these stamps for photos!

Thank you so much Anthony! I love this very special gift from you!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Thanks makecents, uglycent thanked for this post
    Likes makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Those are cool... Good one Anthony... The only 2 I can not tell if they were canceled is the Liberty and Washington... The others have the ink marks from the post office on them... The little finger print style lines!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

4. Thanks VAB2013, uglycent thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Jim! I wasn't sure what those little finger print style lines were. But I'm thinking like you are that the Liberty and Washington were not cancelled! I have had so much fun reading and learning about these stamps! I really appreciate Anthony's thoughtfulness! Also, I got a very nice letter from Anthony and it has a real pretty flower drawn on it, he's quite an artist!!!

6. Thanks makecents thanked for this post
    Likes makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very cool looking!! They look to be in great shape too! Very nice Viv and Anthony!

8. Thanks VAB2013, uglycent thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Jon! They are in great shape! Anthony sent them in a nice protective cover, what a great guy!

10. Thanks uglycent thanked for this post