Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
    Post Thanks / Like

83P with small rim cud

Additional Information
    Date: 1983P

Looked through 83P cuds on cuds-on-coins.com and I think above OD of GOD is a small rim cud. What do you guys think? Above G looks like it's just folded over metal to me.

Thank you for looking and helping!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Thanks makecents, GrumpyEd thanked for this post
    Likes makecents, GrumpyEd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice find Viv!! I would think so but this is probably my weakest attribution skill. I have not ran across enough yet or studied them enough to be sure. I'll be curious to see what the pros say!

Very nice looking coin too!!
    Last edited by makecents; 09-28-2018 at 12:17 PM.

4. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by makecents View Post
    Very nice find Viv!! I would think so but this is probably my weakest attribution skill. I have not ran across enough yet or studied them enough to be sure. I'll be curious to see what the pros say!
    I hear ya Jon! I was scrolling through those fine looking cuds on cuds-on-coins.com and I've never found a big one either! One day.... we will!!!

6. Thanks makecents thanked for this post
    Likes makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice find Vivien... That is a nice looking coin... Does that have any splits in the plating??? Doesn't even look like there are any gas bubbles??? Did you weigh it???
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

8. Thanks GrumpyEd, VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes GrumpyEd, VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jfines69 View Post
    Nice find Vivien... That is a nice looking coin... Does that have any splits in the plating??? Doesn't even look like there are any gas bubbles??? Did you weigh it???
    Sort of funny, if we see an 83 that's not covered in plating blobs we barely can believe it's zinc.

There are some decent ones so it probably is a regular zinc but I'd put it on the scale to be sure

10. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jfines69 View Post
    Thank you Jim for looking! It weighs 2.6 grams, no splits in the plating, no gas bubbles. It doesn't appear to have ever had a die clash. Other than a few spots it's a nice 83, I'd say its late MDS based on the die wear I'm seeing.

12. Thanks jfines69 thanked for this post
    Likes jfines69 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyEd View Post
    Sort of funny, if we see an 83 that's not covered in plating blobs we barely can believe it's zinc.

There are some decent ones so it probably is a regular zinc but I'd put it on the scale to be sure
    That's true Ed, plating blobs, die clashes and die cracks! It's zinc, 2.6 g. I'm fixing to count the MS coins from these CWR's, there are a bunch of 83's better looking than this one is. Hey... would you mind starting a thread about the Ed System? That way Jon, and me... and the others who are doing the Ed System can post the ones we are finding and it will start out with an explanation of what the Ed System is. I know I'm kind of putting you on the spot

14. Thanks GrumpyEd thanked for this post
    Likes GrumpyEd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VAB2013 View Post
    Thank you Jim for looking! It weighs 2.6 grams, no splits in the plating, no gas bubbles. It doesn't appear to have ever had a die clash. Other than a few spots it's a nice 83, I'd say its late MDS based on the die wear I'm seeing.
    Cool... Thanks for the follow up... Would have been better at 3.1 grams
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

16. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes GrumpyEd, VAB2013 liked this post