Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

Thread: Feeling lucky?

Post Thanks / Like

Feeling lucky?

A worn 1911S RPM002 if you want to take a chance.
    Last edited by TPring; 09-28-2018 at 11:22 PM.

2. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice job spotting that RPM TPring! Maybe some Verdi-Care would help it out, but I think there's only 2 RPM's for 1911S so it'd be worth a shot!

4. Likes TPring liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VAB2013 View Post
    Nice job spotting that RPM TPring! Maybe some Verdi-Care would help it out, but I think there's only 2 RPM's for 1911S so it'd be worth a shot!
    Not sure if Verdi-Care will take care of that area on the lower half of the reverse.

6. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TPring View Post
    Not sure if Verdi-Care will take care of that area on the lower half of the reverse.
    yeah, what happened to the pic? I thought maybe my screen didn't finish loading, reloaded... still no lower half of the reverse. May be some really bad gunk there the Seller didn't want to show

Post Thanks / Like
    Looked good at first... The RPM appears to be there but with the lower half of the rev mysteriously missing I would need to see it first... Appears to be deliberate cover to maintain the BIN of $39.00... There is some serious pitting around the east stalk,,, There is also pitting on the obv... Looks like it may have been cleaned at one time... Lots of gunk in the recesses both obv and rev but the fields are fairly clean... The rev has red coloring in the not so accessible ares!!!

Added - The pics are really nice so that makes me lean even more toward the deliberate covering of the rev!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Even without seeing the lower rev, the corrosion spots are there to stay. You might get the green off but there is going to be some pits. It's priced over what I think it's worth even if it is the RPM.

10. Thanks jfines69 thanked for this post
    Likes jfines69 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jfines69 View Post
    Looked good at first... The RPM appears to be there but with the lower half of the rev mysteriously missing I would need to see it first... Appears to be deliberate cover to maintain the BIN of $39.00... There is some serious pitting around the east stalk,,, There is also pitting on the obv... Looks like it may have been cleaned at one time... Lots of gunk in the recesses both obv and rev but the fields are fairly clean... The rev has red coloring in the not so accessible ares!!!

Added - The pics are really nice...

That pic is incredibly nice for such a poor coin. I wish more ebay pics were even half that nice.

I did write him about that .jpg issue and he did not seem to know about it. Once I noticed the pitting I knew that any bid I offered would not even come close to the $39.

12. Thanks jfines69 thanked for this post
    Likes GrumpyEd, jfines69 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TPring View Post
    That pic is incredibly nice for such a poor coin. I wish more ebay pics were even half that nice.

I did write him about that .jpg issue and he did not seem to know about it. Once I noticed the pitting I knew that any bid I offered would not even come close to the $39.
    Unless it was 39 cents
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    About $14, it fills a sort of tough hole with or without the RPM

If someone gets the spots off to expose some pits, drop that to
    $5 LOL.....

15. Thanks jfines69 thanked for this post
    Likes jfines69 liked this post