Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1987 large cud

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice find... Looks like a new one to me also... It wouldn't be COCs 010 http://cuds-on-coins.com/lincoln-cent-cuds-1980-1989/ due to 010s die stage vs Dans... The obv on 010 is concave causing split plating near the rim around the entire obv... Dans coin appears to be in a fairly early die stage on the obv and paired with a much later die state rev... Good thing I sent unopened full rolls... I started out by pulling P minted coins out of rolls with out using my loupe or scope but ended up checking them any way So I decided to just look at the end coins and if a D mint coin or revs showed at each end then the roll went to Dan... Took me a while but I finally got some to him
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

2. Thanks VAB2013, Petespockets55 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013, Petespockets55 liked this post
    Die & Design Expert, LCF Glossary Author willbrooks's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice one. Cuds tend to sell very well on ebay. There seems to be a few people that collect and compete for them.
    All opinions expressed are not necessarily shared by willbrooks or his affiliates. Taking them may result in serious side effects. Results may vary. Offer not valid in New Jersey.

4. Thanks dinkyblue, VAB2013, Petespockets55 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I found 19ea. of the 2017 P's this 1987 P turned out to be truly a real surprise. Not sure if it is a new one but I can't find a match for it anywhere. I went on ebay to look for one that was similar with no luck. Haven't been looking at coins for awhile so when I received the rolls from you Jim, it prompted me to start looking again. I guess if you take a break from searching, it might change one's luck. Thanks for the rolls and the 1987 cud Jim..................Dan

6. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's very interesting, I have a couple of cuds but this is the biggest one I have so far..........................Dan

8. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dinkyblue View Post
    I found 19ea. of the 2017 P's this 1987 P turned out to be truly a real surprise. Not sure if it is a new one but I can't find a match for it anywhere. I went on ebay to look for one that was similar with no luck. Haven't been looking at coins for awhile so when I received the rolls from you Jim, it prompted me to start looking again. I guess if you take a break from searching, it might change one's luck. Thanks for the rolls and the 1987 cud Jim..................Dan
    Cool... You are very welcome Dan... Glad you enjoyed going thru the rolls... Some times every one needs a break just to refresh the brain connections
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

10. Thanks VAB2013, dinkyblue thanked for this post
    Likes Petespockets55, VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was surprised to see these cuds are selling for a considerable amount on ebay, I never have sold any of my coins, I just like collecting them. I take a break alot since I deal with a few health problems the older I get. I wake up with a new pain seems like everyday. Again thanks for the rolls, have a great day................Dan

12. Thanks VAB2013, jfines69 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013, jfines69 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was surprised to see these cuds are selling for a considerable amount on ebay, I never have sold any of my coins, I just like collecting them. I take a break alot since I deal with a few health problems the older I get. I wake up with a new pain seems like everyday. Again thanks for the rolls, have a great day................Dan
    Just want to say that I am glad that you are finding so many nice Lincolns during your searching... but sorry you are having some growing pains. Take care and when you have a day like that, just take it easy!

14. Thanks dinkyblue thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know the old age pain routine You are very welcome... I don't buy or sell coins either... Take care my friend!!!
    Jim

16. Thanks dinkyblue thanked for this post
    Paid Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sweet!! Very nice!!