Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
    Post Thanks / Like

Answered: 1980 Brass colored penny

IMG_20181004_013125.jpg
    IMG_20181004_013105.jpg
    I finally found me a brass colored penny, do I need to leave it out or store it for it to finish turning yellow? The pics dont fo it justice cause of lighting but its very yellow lol

2. ""

3. Likes makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 62
    Neat coin but I don't think this will continue turning more yellow.
    With multiple colors, including the dark brown around the devices, I'v seen that on examples left in liquids or have been cleaned.

5. Thanks Dearing thanked for this post
    Likes Dearing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh ok, then ill go a head n store it, thank you

7. Likes Petespockets55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 104
    Cool looking... I do not remember exactly how it is done but there is a way to turn them a gold color that eventually turns to the brass color you are describing... May have been some kid in high school chemistry class... Along the same lines as the golden presidential dollar coins... An old alchemy trick of turning other metal to gold!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

9. Thanks Dearing thanked for this post
    Likes Dearing, Petespockets55 liked this post
    AdamW
    Very cool looking coin. I love all the different colors I find them in. I don't know what makes them that way exactly. Acid or moisture or or anything in the environment will change it. Light will change the lincoln cents too. I'll find a nice gem BU lincoln cent and hold it close to the light to get a better look and it will change color just from getting too much light. Sometimes the light will give it carbon spots or just turn it less bright and more of a deeper red. So I try not to do that and if its in really gem state I'll get it iin some protection. I like when they look like your coin though. The pictures do show it if you look at lincoln cents you know how that is going to look when you move it around.

11. Thanks Dearing thanked for this post
    Likes Dearing, Petespockets55 liked this post