Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 179
    It might even get used as a stage if it's the same but bigger or smaller. There should be a link there to contact.

2. Thanks Dearing thanked for this post
    Likes Dearing, makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 94
    Looks like Ed got you going in the right direction and explained it better than I ever could! Did you find the link on the left side of the page for emailing attributions? Link (http://cuds-on-coins.com/attribution...on-what-to-do/) It explains in detail how and what to do. I look forward to seeing what you come up with! That is a really nice looking BIE!

4. Thanks GrumpyEd, Dearing thanked for this post
    Likes GrumpyEd, Dearing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for letting me know what it was and for the links I had never heard of BIE lol

6. Thanks makecents thanked for this post
    Likes makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 94
    Quote Originally Posted by Dearing View Post
    Thank you for letting me know what it was and for the links I had never heard of BIE lol
    The site I sent you to is Cuds on Coins and is another good site to just hop on and surf around to see what's out there! You can spend hours and not see it all!

8. Thanks Dearing thanked for this post
    Likes Dearing liked this post
    Die & Design Expert, LCF Glossary Author willbrooks's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 391
    Quote Originally Posted by Dearing View Post
    BIE: A die chip that develops between the B and E of LIBERTY, which often resembles a letter I, hence the name. This particular spot is a weak spot in the die and chronic die over-use in the 1950s produced many of these die chips.

Spend a little time reading through the glossary and acronym lists I have made right here. It will answer a lot of your questions right off the bat.
    All opinions expressed are not necessarily shared by willbrooks or his affiliates. Taking them may result in serious side effects. Results may vary. Offer not valid in New Jersey.

10. Thanks Dearing, VAB2013, makecents, Petespockets55 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 104
    Nice BIE... Did you check out the one that Jon (makecents) pointed out http://cuds-on-coins.com/ldb4-1956-2/ The crack along the bottom of the shoulder looks like it may be there on yours but I can not tell for sure... It looks like yours is longer which if it matches would make sense as your BIE is more developed... On the one you pointed out the chip on the rev looks good but the BIE does not match... I do not see the knob off the top of yours that shows on the CC coin and the width of the BIE on yours is much wider than the COC sample... Your rev die could be the same rev die as the COC sample but used with a different obv!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

12. Thanks Dearing thanked for this post
    Likes Petespockets55, Dearing liked this post