Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by willbrooks View Post
    An arc is a smooth curve joining two points. You mean an ark.
    My spelling is aweful
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

2. Thanks VAB2013, makecents thanked for this post
    Likes willbrooks, VAB2013, makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is a cat 4 now and expected to make landfall about 1 pm (1300 hrs) at Panama City... Panama City area and the east side will most likely have heavy damage... On this side of the storm we should be ok... Expected to get rain and of course winds as high as 75 are possible!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

4. Thanks VAB2013, makecents thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013, makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jfines69 View Post
    It is a cat 4 now and expected to make landfall about 1 pm (1300 hrs) at Panama City... Panama City area and the east side will most likely have heavy damage... On this side of the storm we should be ok... Expected to get rain and of course winds as high as 75 are possible!!!
    Sounds like you expect to be on the westward side of the storm. Not to be an alarmist but a Cat 4 starts at 130mph. So it will depend in large part on how far inland you are.
    The double hurricanes of '04 that hit us peaked at 129 (just below Cat 4). Our tree canopy hadn't been "naturally" pruned since 1979. We lost power for two weeks on the first storm and only 3 days on the second. Some house damage on the first one but the worst part was being "spoilt" by air conditioning and having to do without. We did have a generator and a small window unit which was our saving grace.

ps.I only mention this so you are prepared. Also have the claims phone number and policy for your insurance company on your person and call at the first sign of damage if possible, even during the storm to get on the list of adjusters. The call centers are open during the storm and it will save you the frustration of waiting on hold. They will want to know some of the damage incurred to start the claim. During Irma last year I had a branch fall on my fence and roof which I alerted them to. Nothing came of it once I was able to check after the storm passed. I also called them let them know and cancel once I determined there was no damage.

With Irma last year, she shifted further west by about 20-40 miles and saved us a lot of damage. Whew!!! Hope it shifts further away for you guys.

Please let us know when you can that you are safe.
    Last edited by Petespockets55; 10-10-2018 at 05:23 AM.

6. Thanks makecents, VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes makecents, VAB2013, GrumpyEd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope that all of our LCF Members and their families in the path of this storm remain safe, and their power does not go out! If you do loose power, and you have some members phone numbers, please call them so we know you are okay! Everyone please try to update us on this thread!

Thank you for letting us know what's going on Jim! And, thank you Cliff for the reminders to help people out, if they do experience some damages!

8. Thanks makecents thanked for this post
    Likes makecents liked this post
    Lincoln Cent Variety Expert mustbebob's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The worse part of the storm is over. We did pretty good but have lost power and have a hell of a mess to clean up. My prayers go out to all of those still going through this terrible storm. I was a Red Cross volunteer for many storms and unfortunately can not be one this time around. If you have time...volunteer, if you have a few extra bucks, please think about giving to the charity of your choice.
    Bob Piazza
    Former Lincoln Cent Attributer Coppercoins.com

10. Thanks Petespockets55, VAB2013, makecents thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's really great to hear from you Bob, thank you so much for this update! So glad to know that you and your family are safe! This hurricane was still a Cat 4 just before it reached Bainbridge, GA and I've only seen some news video's of Panama City and Mexico Beach, and the damage is devastating. It will be weeks and months of cleaning up, but hopefully not very long before power is restored. That's great you have been a Red Cross Volunteer through many storms! This is a time when you might be the one needing some help.

12. Thanks makecents thanked for this post
    Likes makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by willbrooks View Post
    It's my fault. That's what I get for unblocking his posts every now and then.
    Jim

14. Thanks Petespockets55, VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes Petespockets55, VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Niceville has made the national news... The Northern Light Marina has had its boat storage building destroyed... Not sure what the rest of the area is like but I do know the local military installations are closed down... Recovery crews only allowed on bases... Of course most of the bases are fairly open and high winds can cause some serious damage!!!
    Jim

16. Thanks Petespockets55, makecents, VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes mustbebob, Petespockets55, VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Niceville has made the national news... The Northern Light Marina has had its boat storage building destroyed... Not sure what the rest of the area is like but I do know the local military installations are closed down... Recovery crews only allowed on bases... Of course most of the bases are fairly open and high winds can cause some serious damage!!!
    But it sounds like you and Bob made it through ok. Glad you still have electric.
    Best of wishes as you recover.

ps. I don't imagine the Muddy Bayou(?) Mullet Festival will fair as well this year.

18. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very good to hear from you!! Hope your damage is not horrible Jim.

20. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post