Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
    Post Thanks / Like

1972D Unlisted Spike

Additional Information
    Date: 1972D

Cleaning my desk today and found that I have a full tube of Memorial Spikes and 1/2 tube of Shield Spikes. I think I have another tube somewhere, still looking. So since I missed the bank run today and will have to get a brick tomorrow, I'm just checking some of these to see if they are listed.

This one has normal circulation wear for a 72', also has Master Die Doubling, and a cool die crack through the date. Didn't see this one listed on cuds-on-coins.

Thanks for taking a look!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Thanks makecents thanked for this post
    Likes makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Neat one Viv.
    I like those "abnormal" die cracks in different and unexpected locations, like the date.

4. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice, strong spike Viv!! Does the crack at the date reach the bust?

6. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Cliff and Jon for taking a look! The die crack at the date ends just NW of the top of the 1 of the date. I should kick myself for not getting more of these spikes listed! It's just the pic thing that has been giving me so many fits and it's making me be a procrastinator! I will be brave and start working on them!!!

Thank you JC!!! JC listed this one as SKH-1c-1972D-18, here it is http://cuds-on-coins.com/lincoln-cen...ads-1970-1979/

it's 2 up from Earl's 73D-01 Geez... Earl is everywhere you look! Wish he would join the forum so we could all congratulate him!

8. Thanks makecents thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VAB2013 View Post
    Thank you Cliff and Jon for taking a look! The die crack at the date ends just NW of the top of the 1 of the date. I should kick myself for not getting more of these spikes listed! It's just the pic thing that has been giving me so many fits and it's making me be a procrastinator! I will be brave and start working on them!!!

Thank you JC!!! JC listed this one as SKH-1c-1972D-18, here it is http://cuds-on-coins.com/lincoln-cen...ads-1970-1979/

it's 2 up from Earl's 73D-01 Geez... Earl is everywhere you look! Wish he would join the forum so we could all congratulate him!
    Congrats on another one Viv!! That one really stands out and I like the second crack at the date, would have been cool if it made it to Abe for a twofer!!

By the way, Earl is on here. I put 2 and 2 together one day when he started a post and had a link to a CUD that JC listed for him. When I checked it out, I recognized the name!
    Link to Earls post (http://www.lincolncentforum.com/foru...ase-on-the-die)

10. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by makecents View Post
    Congrats on another one Viv!! That one really stands out and I like the second crack at the date, would have been cool if it made it to Abe for a twofer!!

By the way, Earl is on here. I put 2 and 2 together one day when he started a post and had a link to a CUD that JC listed for him. When I checked it out, I recognized the name!
    Link to Earls post (http://www.lincolncentforum.com/foru...ase-on-the-die)
    Thank you so much Jon! I didn't realize the connection was the same Earl! That's so cool Earl is one of our members! Earl... You Rock!!! Congrats on so many great Lincoln finds!!!

12. Thanks makecents thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice find and congrats on the new listing!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

14. Thanks VAB2013, makecents thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013, makecents liked this post