Quote Originally Posted by Coin5 View Post
I can control the light intensity in my scope. It has built in LEDs powered through USB with a hand controlled dimmer. The prob is it comes straight from above and it reflects back to the scope camera on shiny coins and blinds it in the process...
I also have a fluorescent round lamp incorporated to my big magnifying glass which I use to illuminate the coins in an angle to find incuse or raised; but that's not enough for me as you beat me to it all the time

I also use that light to illuminate the coins when taking complete pics and raise the scope in the stand as its' own light source is not enough due to the distance.
Then I have another LED desk lamp which produces a warmer light from above; but weaker.
Then I have the room lights; but they have no effect on the image.
Then I have a window which I tried once to use natural lightning and did not make any difference.
Then I have an auxiliary super powerful LED lamp with no stand yet, that I rigged with a 12V Power supply; but its too strong... I might built a stand and a PWM dimmer for it... but I have no desire to do that at this time...

However, the main problem is not insufficient lighting in regards to intensity; but the color in the pics which is purple/blueish and I haven't been able to eliminate that. Perhaps, it's because they are all super white cold LEDs. I have tried warmer lights and then it goes reddish. Hummmm.
I"m using a white paper as the background, maybe that's altering the colors, I will try a black background...

I may need to get a different scope...

Thanks,
Adrian
PM Ray Parkhurst, the photo expert!! Grey background.