Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

1982 P Another Rim Cud

Just found what looks like another 1982P Rim Cud. They keep coming my way.
    Thanks for looking.
    Tue Oct 09 16-34-00.jpg

2. Thanks VAB2013, makecents thanked for this post
    Likes enamel7, VAB2013, makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here are obv and rev images.Sorry, I'm posting from phone.
    Thanks
    Tue Oct 09 16-41-26.jpgTue Oct 09 16-40-14.jpg
    Btw, I still have probs with the color being off and JC said he needs better images on this one also. I don't know what to do to get better pics yet... Sorry.
    Thanks,
    Adrian

4. Thanks VAB2013, makecents thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013, makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice rim cud! It looks like your pics on this one just need a little more light, but maybe not direct light. Have you tried turning on all of the lights in the room, opening windows and having a table lamp nearby? Sometimes too much direct light can create problems like... out of focus and distortion of images. What really makes things difficult for us is... every Lincoln cent has it's own personality so what works for one cent, may not work on another.

6. Thanks Coin5 thanked for this post
    Likes Coin5 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are the Rim CUD master Adrian!! Congrats on another find!

8. Thanks VAB2013, Coin5 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013, Coin5 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to both Viv and Jon! Viv I've tried all that regarding lighting... Actually, I corrected exposure and color on these pics using windows pic editing software, but still no good on the complete images. The close ups are good, prob is the complete coin images for which i have to raise the scope. It's not built for that. I had to build a custom stand for it as the one it came with was too small for the complete pics. I'll see what else I can do.
    Thanks again.

10. Thanks makecents, VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes makecents, VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm still trying to get used to the Jansjo's I got several months ago... but it does help to be able to point light where you want it. The LED's in the Jansjo's are really bright though, you have to cover them with different thicknesses of something (paper, toilet paper, an old tshirt, I am using several white cotton gloves, the kind you handle coins with because I couldn't find a happy medium with the paper and it was so much trouble to add paper and remove paper. I can tie the gloves over the Jansjo LED and keep adding or taking off gloves, LOL... then you can't point the LED directly at the coin, but find angles where subtle light from it will help)

12. Thanks Coin5, makecents thanked for this post
    Likes Coin5, makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VAB2013 View Post
    I'm still trying to get used to the Jansjo's I got several months ago... but it does help to be able to point light where you want it. The LED's in the Jansjo's are really bright though, you have to cover them with different thicknesses of something (paper, toilet paper, an old tshirt, I am using several white cotton gloves, the kind you handle coins with because I couldn't find a happy medium with the paper and it was so much trouble to add paper and remove paper. I can tie the gloves over the Jansjo LED and keep adding or taking off gloves, LOL... then you can't point the LED directly at the coin, but find angles where subtle light from it will help)
    I can control the light intensity in my scope. It has built in LEDs powered through USB with a hand controlled dimmer. The prob is it comes straight from above and it reflects back to the scope camera on shiny coins and blinds it in the process...
    I also have a fluorescent round lamp incorporated to my big magnifying glass which I use to illuminate the coins in an angle to find incuse or raised; but that's not enough for me as you beat me to it all the time

I also use that light to illuminate the coins when taking complete pics and raise the scope in the stand as its' own light source is not enough due to the distance.
    Then I have another LED desk lamp which produces a warmer light from above; but weaker.
    Then I have the room lights; but they have no effect on the image.
    Then I have a window which I tried once to use natural lightning and did not make any difference.
    Then I have an auxiliary super powerful LED lamp with no stand yet, that I rigged with a 12V Power supply; but its too strong... I might built a stand and a PWM dimmer for it... but I have no desire to do that at this time...

However, the main problem is not insufficient lighting in regards to intensity; but the color in the pics which is purple/blueish and I haven't been able to eliminate that. Perhaps, it's because they are all super white cold LEDs. I have tried warmer lights and then it goes reddish. Hummmm.
    I"m using a white paper as the background, maybe that's altering the colors, I will try a black background...

I may need to get a different scope...

Thanks,
    Adrian

14. Thanks makecents, VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Coin5 View Post
    I can control the light intensity in my scope. It has built in LEDs powered through USB with a hand controlled dimmer. The prob is it comes straight from above and it reflects back to the scope camera on shiny coins and blinds it in the process...
    I also have a fluorescent round lamp incorporated to my big magnifying glass which I use to illuminate the coins in an angle to find incuse or raised; but that's not enough for me as you beat me to it all the time

I also use that light to illuminate the coins when taking complete pics and raise the scope in the stand as its' own light source is not enough due to the distance.
    Then I have another LED desk lamp which produces a warmer light from above; but weaker.
    Then I have the room lights; but they have no effect on the image.
    Then I have a window which I tried once to use natural lightning and did not make any difference.
    Then I have an auxiliary super powerful LED lamp with no stand yet, that I rigged with a 12V Power supply; but its too strong... I might built a stand and a PWM dimmer for it... but I have no desire to do that at this time...

However, the main problem is not insufficient lighting in regards to intensity; but the color in the pics which is purple/blueish and I haven't been able to eliminate that. Perhaps, it's because they are all super white cold LEDs. I have tried warmer lights and then it goes reddish. Hummmm.
    I"m using a white paper as the background, maybe that's altering the colors, I will try a black background...

I may need to get a different scope...

Thanks,
    Adrian
    PM Ray Parkhurst, the photo expert!! Grey background.

16. Thanks VAB2013, Coin5 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013, Coin5 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice rim cud... You are mooovin' rite along Can you turn off the lites on the scope??? I think the light color is what's causing your problem??? Have you tried reflecting the light back to the coin from a piece of printer paper??? You can cut, fold, bend and shape the paper how ever you need... I have mine mounted up behind the camera lense and shine the light directly onto the paper so it reflects back to the coin... I also set the white balance to auto... Only on magnified pics do I use direct light onto the coin... Hope that helps a little!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

18. Thanks makecents, VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes Jim, I have tried turning off the scope's lites, but same probs. I can't adjust white balance, etc on this scope... Great idea about reflecting the light... Will try that... Manana...(tomorrow)
    Thanks

20. Thanks makecents, VAB2013 thanked for this post