Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Another 83P for the Ed system!

Worn out dies but the coin is in great shape for a bank roll! I think it may be a very minor DDO but I got tired of messing with trying to get decent pics. There are also a couple of cracks that could be listed as a spike head if they were a little bolder, to faint to list I'm sure. There is also a nice little break/chip at the base of the bust.

Thanks for looking, Jon.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Thanks Coin5, GrumpyEd, VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes Coin5, GrumpyEd, VAB2013, mindtab liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice coin and excellent pictures
    Jon!!! Congrats on your new find.

4. Thanks makecents thanked for this post
    Likes makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Adrian!! It's not the prettiest coin because of the worn out dies but it's in great shape for a zincoln!

6. Thanks Coin5, VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes Coin5, VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice, that one deserves a home in a nice tube

8. Thanks makecents, VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes makecents, Coin5, VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyEd View Post
    Very nice, that one deserves a home in a nice tube
    Thank you sir!!

10. Thanks GrumpyEd thanked for this post
    Likes GrumpyEd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice looking 83P Jon for your Ed System! Does the R of Trust have a notch?

12. Thanks makecents thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Viv!! Yeah, that's what I was saying. I'm pretty sure it's a very minor DDO but the fact I was having such a hard time getting pics, I gave up. I couldn't find a good match in the listings to what I was seeing either. I would say the combination of a very worn die and the fact that it's very minor if actually even there. The southeast parts of 83 look fat, there is what looks to be notching on the southeast parts of LIBERTY and the "R" in TRUST looks to have notching in the same area. It's in the Ed system now though!!

14. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by makecents View Post
    Thanks Viv!! Yeah, that's what I was saying. I'm pretty sure it's a very minor DDO but the fact I was having such a hard time getting pics, I gave up. I couldn't find a good match in the listings to what I was seeing either. I would say the combination of a very worn die and the fact that it's very minor if actually even there. The southeast parts of 83 look fat, there is what looks to be notching on the southeast parts of LIBERTY and the "R" in TRUST looks to have notching in the same area. It's in the Ed system now though!!
    What you've described sounds like Coppercoins 005, 005 even has the die crack at FG like yours does. But, I know finding markers on 83's is tough! 1983 seems like a record year for die clashes and mint workers learning how to polish them out! You have a very nice Ed system addition though!!!

16. Thanks makecents thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice looking early frankenzinc... To think it has been in circ for a little while and still survived without the plating peeling off... I see the spike I believe... Starts at the rim near the west tip of the N of IN... Thru the cross bar out the SE corner heading almost due east, makes a little jog to the ENE then into the hair... If it is a DDO it would not be CCs 005 https://coppercoins.com/lincoln/dies...&die_state=mds as the tail of the 9 on yours does not show any extra thickness... It may be the light reflection but the 83 does looks a little chubby to the ESE... Also the lower bar of the E of WE looks to have a small ski slope appearance... Maybe some close ups???
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

18. Thanks makecents, VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes makecents, VAB2013, mindtab liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jfines69 View Post
    Nice looking early frankenzinc... To think it has been in circ for a little while and still survived without the plating peeling off... I see the spike I believe... Starts at the rim near the west tip of the N of IN... Thru the cross bar out the SE corner heading almost due east, makes a little jog to the ENE then into the hair... If it is a DDO it would not be CCs 005 https://coppercoins.com/lincoln/dies...&die_state=mds as the tail of the 9 on yours does not show any extra thickness... It may be the light reflection but the 83 does looks a little chubby to the ESE... Also the lower bar of the E of WE looks to have a small ski slope appearance... Maybe some close ups???
    Thanks Jim!! This one was tough to get pics of. Not seeing as much as I thought. See what ya think.
    Attached Images Attached Images

20. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post