Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    JC said it is just a different stage of the same IDB he has already listed. This is in regards to the first coin in this thread, I did not submitted the second coin.
    Thanks,
    Adrian

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the follow up Adrian! It's cool to know it's an IDB, even though already listed, you have a nice addition to your collection!

3. Thanks Coin5 thanked for this post
    Likes Coin5 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VAB2013 View Post
    Thanks for the follow up Adrian! It's cool to know it's an IDB, even though already listed, you have a nice addition to your collection!
    JC didn't mentioned the word IDB; but since I submitted it as "Snow on Roof" IDB and he said it's just a different stage, I think he was referring to the "Snow on Roof" he has already listed as an IDB. Actaually, I don't know if because of the size the one I submitted it can be classified as an IDB or it's still Die Chip. I think to be classified as an IDB it has to be greater than 4 sq cm, smaller than that, it is a die chip. I don't know if the one I have is smaller or greater than the 4sq cm threshold.
    Thanks Viv.
    Adrian

Edit: Sorry, it should read sq mm and not sq cm. Square millimeters and not square centimeters.
    Last edited by Coin5; 10-16-2018 at 02:00 PM.

5. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had to look back at the definition of an IDB on cuds-on-coins and it's 4 square millimeters. The closest thing I could find is a jewelry chart that shows what 4 sq mm should look like. The link is below, but to be sure the size is correct, it's recommended to measure the shapes with a ruler.

https://www.blingjewelry.com/cz-size-chart.html

7. Thanks Coin5 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think JC may have misread the position of your IDB... There are 2 listed Snow on Roof coins - 02R (HNM) Stages A - D and 03R (HNM) Stages A and B... The size and location of your IDB does not appear match for an earlier or later die stage for either??? An IDB is still a chip and a chip is still an IDB... They are only classified due to the size... In this case size does matter as if it is 4 square mms then it graduates from being a lowly ol' chip to the designation of an IDB... In between those are the RIDBs (Retained Interior Die Break)... Hope that helps!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

9. Thanks VAB2013, Coin5 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013, Coin5 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Jim for your detailed observations... Only thing I can do is send him the link to this thread with your comment; but still he said the pics aren't good enough. I'll wait until I get better equipment to take the pics.

Thanks again,
    Adrian

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Coin5 View Post
    Thanks Jim for your detailed observations... Only thing I can do is send him the link to this thread with your comment; but still he said the pics aren't good enough. I'll wait until I get better equipment to take the pics.

Thanks again,
    Adrian
    I understand... Still tho yours is a new listing as best I can tell!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

12. Thanks Coin5 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Jim for your interest in this coin and your valuable help. Another interesting learning experience.
    Adrian