Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

2006 P Nebraska Quarter Die Chips

There are 2 die chips on IWT on this quarter's obverse. For me the one between the O and D in GOD is interesting as it resembles the BIE erros on Lincoln's. The plugged top part of the R in TRUST, I guess is more common. There are no listings like this here: http://cuds-on-coins.com/washington-...or-die-breaks/ so apparently this is rare.
    Thanks for looking and commenting,
    Adrian
    Wed Oct 17 20-20-39.jpgWed Oct 17 20-24-20.jpgWed Oct 17 20-30-41.jpgWed Oct 17 20-31-20.jpg

2. Thanks makecents thanked for this post
    Likes makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Instead of a BIE it would be an OID I do not think any one has come up with a system for these types of chips on anything but the LCs??? It looks large enough to be an IDB but I am not sure??? The IDB on the 2007P(ID)-01 looks smaller than yours??? Like you said the chip in the R is fairly common so I do not think they get listed anywhere... That section in the devices is real weak and subject to breaking just like we see on the denver MMs center on the LCs!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

4. Thanks Coin5 thanked for this post
    Likes Coin5, makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jfines69 View Post
    Instead of a BIE it would be an OID I do not think any one has come up with a system for these types of chips on anything but the LCs??? It looks large enough to be an IDB but I am not sure??? The IDB on the 2007P(ID)-01 looks smaller than yours??? Like you said the chip in the R is fairly common so I do not think they get listed anywhere... That section in the devices is real weak and subject to breaking just like we see on the denver MMs center on the LCs!!!
    I have never seen these types of errors on quarters; but like you mentioned that's probably because it's a weak area in the devices and breaks sometimes.
    Thanks,
    Adrian

6. Thanks makecents thanked for this post
    Likes makecents liked this post
    Lincoln Cent Variety Expert mustbebob's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    here are no listings like this here: http://cuds-on-coins.com/washington-...or-die-breaks/ so apparently this is rare.
    T
    Be very careful with your thought process and terminology here Adrian. Because something is not listed, does not make it rare. Far from it. Most of the rare stuff IS listed. To list these minor things takes a lot of time and effort as well as some web knowledge and a love for the hobby. Die chips and cracks really are very common and the fact that someone has listed some of them is very admirable. This would also be one of those areas that may never get completed either. Remember also that this is the Lincoln Cent Forum. The fact we allow off topic stuff should not be taken for granted. Let's leave this forum to the correct denomination. I don't know if a lot of folks would be interested in a die chip on a quarter here. Things really are beginning to get out of hand, and I would like to see this forum rededicated to the education of legitimate Lincoln Cent topics.
    Bob Piazza
    Former Lincoln Cent Attributer Coppercoins.com

8. Thanks VAB2013, makecents thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013, makecents liked this post