Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
    Post Thanks / Like

2012 P all cracked up!! Taking another run at a UDC.

I'm going to send to JC to take another run at a UDC (Unusual Die Crack). I could not get pics of even half the cracks on this guy because they are so thin and faint. The following are what I didn't get pics of: at least 3 spike heads, a break at the eye, a crack that follows the whole top edge of the shield and a crack at the north center of the rim to the shield point.

Thanks for looking, Jon.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Thanks VAB2013, Sheila ruley, scubalou thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013, Sheila ruley, scubalou liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice find... All cracked up and one place to go I would think the rev would qualify as an UDC??? Can you get the spikes to show at all???
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

4. Thanks makecents thanked for this post
    Likes makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree Jim... but this one is all cracked up and on it's way to JC LOL! Yeah... wish we could see the other cracks that you are having a hard time getting pics of Jon! Are you going to have to snail mail it to JC?

6. Thanks makecents thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jfines69 View Post
    Nice find... All cracked up and one place to go I would think the rev would qualify as an UDC??? Can you get the spikes to show at all???
    Hah!! You are a mess Jim!! I spent about two hours trying to get some pics of the spikes and this was all I could get. Fighting with the new scope and losing! You can just barely see the one I got, this is why I didn't bother, way too light and thin but they are there.
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. Thanks VAB2013, scubalou thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013, scubalou liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VAB2013 View Post
    I agree Jim... but this one is all cracked up and on it's way to JC LOL! Yeah... wish we could see the other cracks that you are having a hard time getting pics of Jon! Are you going to have to snail mail it to JC?
    Thanks for checking it out Viv!! I actually have not even emailed JC yet, I was trying to get some better pics but am not doing well. It's odd you say that, I was actually thinking this might be a good one to send in as opposed to emailing where I'm having the issues I am having.

10. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're welcome Jon! Yeah... I could tell you sounded a little frustrated with trying to get pics in your original post. Just email JC, I'm sure he would be happy to take a look at it and give you the info you need.

12. Thanks makecents thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by makecents View Post
    Hah!! You are a mess Jim!! I spent about two hours trying to get some pics of the spikes and this was all I could get. Fighting with the new scope and losing! You can just barely see the one I got, this is why I didn't bother, way too light and thin but they are there.
    Cool... Thanks for the follow up... I can see your hair pulling problem Barely visible so I think you are correct on to lite to list... You did a good job getting it to show!!!

Added - I love being a mess
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

14. Thanks VAB2013, makecents thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013, makecents liked this post
    Paid Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dude! Your cracking me up!! LOL! Nah, but seriously, awesome find! I never look at the shields. I toss every one of them back because they absolutely burn my eyes because they are so bright and shiny. But, I enjoy looking at the ones people post on here.

16. Thanks makecents thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheila ruley View Post
    Dude! Your cracking me up!! LOL! Nah, but seriously, awesome find! I never look at the shields. I toss every one of them back because they absolutely burn my eyes because they are so bright and shiny. But, I enjoy looking at the ones people post on here.
    Thanks Sheila!! Yeah, the shields are not my favorite but I work my way through them the best I can. Every now and then you find a diamond in the rough!!

18. Likes Sheila ruley liked this post