Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by enamel7 View Post
    I appreciate that Viv but I still get a lot wrong, like this one for instance. Good thing we have people like Bob around!
    You're welcome enamel! I just know that you were here when I got here and you've always helped me and other people with questions. Then I saw where you posted you've been doing this for 20 years so that says a lot! I've always looked up to you, kind of like a big brother with answers! And yes, it's always great when Bob shows up and helps all of us get back on track!

2. Thanks enamel7 thanked for this post
    Likes enamel7, Petespockets55, makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jfines69 View Post
    I found what I think it is - Surface Film Transfer (SFT - that's for Jon ) Error ref just mentions it http://www.error-ref.com/wastebasket...te_catagories/ with a reference to a CW article 5/2/11... I wasn't able to find that article but did come up with an article by Mike Diamond on 8/10/13 and it mentions SFT https://www.coinworld.com/news/us-co...eate-nove.html the images do not come up tho???
    Thank you very much Jim for digging around and finding this topic! It's very interesting, and I wish the photos on Coin World would show up. I did see the pics on error-ref.com and I'm having a hard time making a connection with Surface Film Transfer and my coin since there are no transfer of images on my coin and it doesn't appear to be broadstruck or off-center (which shows the darker highly reflective circular area) This is really cool information though!

4. Likes Petespockets55, makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VAB2013 View Post
    Thank you very much Jim for digging around and finding this topic! It's very interesting, and I wish the photos on Coin World would show up. I did see the pics on error-ref.com and I'm having a hard time making a connection with Surface Film Transfer and my coin since there are no transfer of images on my coin and it doesn't appear to be broadstruck or off-center (which shows the darker highly reflective circular area) This is really cool information though!
    I didn't see the pics... Did I miss them???
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

6. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes Petespockets55, VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think you were linking at the items that transfer designs... The SFT does not transfer any design just a film... There are a couple of posts somewhere on the forum with SFT... Just have to find them... The SFT reference on Error Ref http://www.error-ref.com/wastebasket...te_catagories/ is 2nd below the Greasy Ghost ref... I think a PM to Mike Diamond will be in order to find out about the articles!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

8. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes Petespockets55, makecents, VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I found what I think it is - Surface Film Transfer (SFT - that's for Jon )
    Heh, heh. You go Acronym Man (AM)!! I'm gunna get you a shirt with a big "AM" on it!!

10. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes Petespockets55, VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by makecents View Post
    Heh, heh. You go Acronym Man (AM)!! I'm gunna get you a shirt with a big "AM" on it!!
    Jim

12. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes Petespockets55, makecents, VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I asked Mike Diamond to point me in the correct direction... Thanks Mike... I now have the Surface Film Transfer link to error refs info book marked... It is under Surface Film Effects - http://www.error-ref.com/surface-film-effects/ Vivien you are correct on SFT transferring details onto the coinwhich is not on your coin... I was way out in left field... Thanks for keeping me straight!!!
    Jim

14. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes makecents, VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I asked Mike Diamond to point me in the correct direction... Thanks Mike... I now have the Surface Film Transfer link to error refs info book marked... It is under Surface Film Effects - http://www.error-ref.com/surface-film-effects/ Vivien you are correct on SFT transferring details onto the coinwhich is not on your coin... I was way out in left field... Thanks for keeping me straight!!!
    You're welcome Jim! When I read things on error-ref.com, I feel like I need to go back to college! So... most of the time I am not sure if I am comprehending. No worries, sometimes being out in left field with one thing helps us down the road with another thing

16. Likes makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VAB2013 View Post
    You're welcome Jim! When I read things on error-ref.com, I feel like I need to go back to college! So... most of the time I am not sure if I am comprehending. No worries, sometimes being out in left field with one thing helps us down the road with another thing
    I went to college... Graduated 2nd in my class... Doesn't keep me out of left field or able to comprehend any better
    Jim

18. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes makecents, VAB2013 liked this post