Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
    Paid Member
    Post Thanks / Like

2013 star note number J00039993* 250,000 printed “more rare” numbers

I don’t know if I’m allowed to ask on here what kind of a premium this note may be worth. I have found some kind of similar, but the ones that I am finding have a lower print run and higher numbers. Also, I am looking at the ink error? on his jacket and the bottom of the note. Can anyone help me on this. 9CF01CAE-859E-4804-8C3B-7A648DFF089E.jpg 728B3BB3-C81F-433C-AEEE-857BCBF001E6.jpg F2C380A5-3826-4794-A4B1-08192CEDD0EC.jpg BB715449-76EB-43E1-A9EE-4FADD3F3166D.jpg F5234501-F892-4434-B74D-72596635AC70.jpg

2. Thanks makecents thanked for this post
    Likes GrumpyEd, makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not much help on notes but are you talking about the missing ink near the collar?
    And I think the ink in the border on the reverse is just ink transfer before it dried.

Paid Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I am talking about the missing ink on the collar.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think the ink stuff is an error, maybe more quality issue and the jacket might have flaked off from folding it.

The value is that it's a star and 5 digits are radar and the rarity but still it's not a crisp unc bill so it's probably not huge.
    Ignore asking prices on the internet like you'll see lots of partial radars and stars on auction sites, only look at sales and you won't know unless you sell it, my guess is a few dollars but could be wrong

I know you can look up the number printed but have no idea how it relates to prices.

Paid Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree. Yes, I spent a lot of time yesterday researching it. I saw notes that were pretty much not a whole lot of anything selling for quite a bit of money. Obviously, they were inexperienced with currency and clearly searching. I’m not all that great at currency by any means, but even I know that some of them are not worth anything but face value. I saw some of them selling for quite a bit. But I knew mine was circulated and not in great condition. Also mine had a higher prince run than some of them posted. That is mainly why I was asking. Thank you for the information.

Lincoln Cent Variety Expert mustbebob's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The star on the note merely means that it is a reprinted note with that particular number. During the initial quality control check of the first batch of notes, they found something wrong with it. Those notes are discarded/destroyed and the star added to the subsequent note to denote it as a replacement. It is not considered a radar note unless ALL of the numbers read the same forward and backward.
    Bob Piazza
    Lincoln Cent Attributer
    coppercoins.com

Paid Member
    Post Thanks / Like

9. Thanks mustbebob thanked for this post
    Likes mustbebob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cool star note... Did you notice on the rev north of the OL in DOLLAR there appears to be a finger print in ink??? Those are some good pics... It helps when the lite is absorbed into the subject matter instead of back into the camera
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

11. Thanks Sheila ruley thanked for this post
    Likes Sheila ruley liked this post
    Paid Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did not notice that! That’s cool! Yes, it does make it easier to focus the camera.

13. Thanks jfines69 thanked for this post
    Likes jfines69 liked this post