Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: 1953D-1MM-006

  1. #1
    Paid Member joel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    3,693
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    274

    1953D-1MM-006

    Additional Information
    Date: 1953
    Variety: RPM
    Mint: Denver
    Coneca: RPM-006
    Wexler: WRPM-020
    Coppercoins: 1MM-006

    No markers found for this CC RPM, however the MM, location and description seem to match. Thanks for looking.


    Edit: Thanks once again to Jim for correctly attributing this RPM!! It is a 006.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by joel; 1 Week Ago at 03:42 PM.

  2. Thanks makecents, VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes makecents, VAB2013, Petespockets55, TPring liked this post
  3. #2
    Paid Member makecents's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Roanoke, VA
    Posts
    4,408
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    270
    Nice RPM Larry!! Love those splits! Your second mm pic messed with me for a second until I realized it was inverted!

  4. Thanks joel, VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes joel, VAB2013, Petespockets55 liked this post
  5. #3
    Paid Member joel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    3,693
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by makecents View Post
    Nice RPM Larry!! Love those splits! Your second mm pic messed with me for a second until I realized it was inverted!
    Jon, I was trying to get a pic of the lower split and it even disoriented me!! Thanks, Larry

  6. Thanks VAB2013, makecents thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013, makecents, Petespockets55 liked this post
  7. #4
    Forum Ambassador VAB2013's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Cullman, AL
    Posts
    9,173
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    575
    Very nice wheat and RPM Larry J! Congrats! This wheat has a really nice color! Geez... I've lost count on your RPM's today!

  8. Thanks joel thanked for this post
    Likes makecents, joel, Petespockets55 liked this post
  9. #5
    Moderator jfines69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    22,147
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    1391
    Nice RPM Larry... I think your MM is just a tad to far for CCs 024 http://www.coppercoins.com/lincoln/d...&die_state=mds and the upper serif looks off??? I checked CC and 006 http://www.coppercoins.com/lincoln/d...&die_state=mds looks spot on even the crack/chip on the T of CENT... It crosses to VVs 006 http://varietyvista.com/02a%20LC%20R...953DRPM006.htm which you may be able to narrow down the stage a little better... You would need to try and match up the hair cracks and some of the abrasions around the MM I think as the crack/chip on the T doesn't look to follow CCs sample as MDS???
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

  10. Thanks joel thanked for this post
    Likes Petespockets55, joel liked this post
  11. #6
    Paid Member joel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    3,693
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by jfines69 View Post
    Nice RPM Larry... I think your MM is just a tad to far for CCs 024 http://www.coppercoins.com/lincoln/d...&die_state=mds and the upper serif looks off??? I checked CC and 006 http://www.coppercoins.com/lincoln/d...&die_state=mds looks spot on even the crack/chip on the T of CENT... It crosses to VVs 006 http://varietyvista.com/02a%20LC%20R...953DRPM006.htm which you may be able to narrow down the stage a little better... You would need to try and match up the hair cracks and some of the abrasions around the MM I think as the crack/chip on the T doesn't look to follow CCs sample as MDS???
    Jim you are right on target once again!! When I worked my way down the the list and found 024 I thought I had a match. The die break on the T was the clincher!! I can't see any cracks in the hair but they may be there because I have a hard time seeing them. Again, thanks for your continued help in getting my attribution correct!! Thanks, Larry

  12. Thanks jfines69 thanked for this post
    Likes Petespockets55, jfines69 liked this post
  13. #7
    Moderator jfines69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    22,147
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    1391
    Quote Originally Posted by joel View Post
    Jim you are right on target once again!! When I worked my way down the the list and found 024 I thought I had a match. The die break on the T was the clincher!! I can't see any cracks in the hair but they may be there because I have a hard time seeing them. Again, thanks for your continued help in getting my attribution correct!! Thanks, Larry
    Cool Larry... Thanks for the follow up... Glad I could help... Some of these RPMS lately have been really tough to attribute... They are so close in location, appearance and similar die markers makes me wonder if they were made by the same mint worker I updated all the header info!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

  14. Thanks joel thanked for this post
    Likes joel liked this post
 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •