Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 11997755 View Post

I tried several different types of lights. I took images using different ones and had JC take a look at them. All had purple tint to them. I have found that when I turn the scope lights off and use external lighting the pics are purple. If I use external lighting and turn the light on the scope up, the purple goes away but I get hot spots. I have not tried halogen but will take a shot at it. I do have adjustment for color/saturation but it is only a $60.00 scope and probably not going to get the results I want. Thinking about getting a decent camera and using external lighting. A good imaging software would not hurt either. I enjoy the photography as much as the searching so I think I need to make an investment. (Not too much..have to keep peace with the wife). 10-4 on the credit union coinstar. I will check it out.
    Cool... Thanks for the follow up... It may be the sensors on the scope itself??? Does your scope have any adjustments either software or manual??? If your scope has a white balance setting try setting it to auto and let the scope do the work... I use an adjustable lite source 0 - 150 watts... Don't always need the brightest lite!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

2. Thanks VAB2013, 11997755 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013, 11997755 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Earl and Jim for giving us info on what you are using for lighting, scope and software! It's nice to know what other people are using and what works, and what doesn't work without having to spend a few hundred dollars on different things that ends up being trial and error.

I think new technology has caused us some problems with these new scopes and the fact that most light fixtures now have LED lights. Most scopes on the market have LED's and no software to adjust color settings. For people like me who are not camera savvy, that does not leave a lot of choices.

Jim, does your halogen light produce heat? I was wondering about that when I got these Jansjo's. I was afraid that a heat producing light would catch the paper that I use to dim the lights on fire!? If the Jansjo's had a dimmer switch, that would be awesome but they stay cool!

4. Likes 11997755 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VAB2013 View Post
    Thanks Earl and Jim for giving us info on what you are using for lighting, scope and software! It's nice to know what other people are using and what works, and what doesn't work without having to spend a few hundred dollars on different things that ends up being trial and error.

I think new technology has caused us some problems with these new scopes and the fact that most light fixtures now have LED lights. Most scopes on the market have LED's and no software to adjust color settings. For people like me who are not camera savvy, that does not leave a lot of choices.

Jim, does your halogen light produce heat? I was wondering about that when I got these Jansjo's. I was afraid that a heat producing light would catch the paper that I use to dim the lights on fire!? If the Jansjo's had a dimmer switch, that would be awesome but they stay cool!
    This is the lite source I have https://www.amscope.com/150w-dual-go...luminator.html I paid less then a hundred for mine but that was 3 years ago on sale... Probably get something else where that is a lot cheaper!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

6. Thanks 11997755, VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes 11997755, VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My pic editing software allows me to adjust the color and saturation
    I think imaging software solved the problem. I downloaded a free imaging program that has a auto-level button. Pushed that and the purple disappeared. Waiting hear from JC to get his opinion of the edited images. Hoping this solves the problem...lot cheaper than buying new imaging equipment. Edit: BTW the images were of a unlisted CUD on a 1982 LC I found a couple days ago. Will post non purple images on a new thread.
    Last edited by 11997755; 5 Days Ago at 07:52 PM. Reason: Added information

8. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jfines69 View Post
    This is the lite source I have https://www.amscope.com/150w-dual-go...luminator.html I paid less then a hundred for mine but that was 3 years ago on sale... Probably get something else where that is a lot cheaper!!!
    So it's a dual goose neck 150 watt hallogen illuminator? there's several shown on that page

Post Thanks / Like
    I think imaging software solved the problem. I downloaded a free imaging program that has a auto-level button. Pushed that and the purple disappeared. Waiting hear from JC to get his opinion of the edited images. Hoping this solves the problem...lot cheaper than buying new imaging equipment. Edit: BTW the images were of a unlisted CUD on a 1982 LC I found a couple days ago. Will post non purple images on a new thread.
    What software did you use? I've tried several and couldn't figure them out?!

Post Thanks / Like
    What software did you use? I've tried several and couldn't figure them out?!
    The software is called Paint.net. (Click the "adjustment" tab drop and then "Auto-level") . It took me a little bit of playing around to figure out how to use it. I originally got it to do overlays. There even trickier to figure out how to do. (Still haven't quit figured out how to do a good one of those yet).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VAB2013 View Post
    So it's a dual goose neck 150 watt hallogen illuminator? there's several shown on that page
    Yes it is... I just click the link I posted and it went to a totally different page??? Here are some less expensive ones (if the link works correctly) https://www.amscope.com/accessories/...oosenecks.html
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool... Thanks for the follow up!!!
    Jim