Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1960D-1MM-035

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaxtellcoin View Post
    I hate to disagree with Jim's attribution but here is the key point he has NOT seen. Look at Joel's pics again. Notice the upper serif of the secondary mintmark at the top of the primary mintmark Center????? Not RPM#67. Compare your coin to RPM#35. I have pics of both but because of past issues I cannot post ref pics. I think because it's a circ and the die state is weak you may not be able to pic up the remaining markers. The mintmark position to me looks dead on RPM#35

Plus the markers for state A / B / C are minor markers with a little circ wear you will never be able to see.

I pulled my copy of W055 / RPM#35 stage A. I can see both split serifs top and bottom, and the upper serif inside the primary mintmark like Joel's coin.
    Nothing wrong with disagreeing as long as we make sure we are correct... I will go back and check out VVs 035 http://varietyvista.com/02b%20LC%20R...960DRPM035.htm which should cros to CCs 035 http://www.coppercoins.com/lincoln/d...&die_state=mds If I am wrong I'm wrong... Give me a bit to check it out... I appreciate the feed back!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

2. Thanks joel, VAB2013, makecents thanked for this post
    Likes joel, VAB2013, Petespockets55, makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    With permission from Copper Coins and Bobs awesome continued support I created another overlay using CCs 035 http://www.coppercoins.com/lincoln/d...&die_state=mds I laid Larrys over CCs... I am able to align the jacket and MM but when I do the date and rim are out of alignment to the WNW... If I attempt to stretch Larrys pic to align the date and rim it throws off the alignment of the jacket and MM... I also did an overlay with VVs 035 http://varietyvista.com/02b%20LC%20R...960DRPM035.htm with the same results... I have not asked for permission from Dr. Wiles to use his images so I can not post them... I also created an overlay of VVs 067 over 035 and they appear to be different dies but are extremely close in both position and RPM... I could be totally missing something unless we can find a definitive marker to match Larrys with 035 I am stuck with 067 as the overlay I did for that match was nearly perfect except for die stage... This one is a head thumper At least for me!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

4. Thanks joel, VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes joel, Petespockets55, VAB2013, makecents liked this post
    Paid Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice Joel!

6. Thanks jfines69, joel thanked for this post
    Likes jfines69, joel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was wrong on Larrys coin being 067 it is 035 CC and VV... Eric sent me a bunch of images, that includes markers, of both 035 and 067 and Larry sent me his coin to look at in hand... Using a combo of Erics images and those on CC http://www.coppercoins.com/lincoln/d...&die_state=mds I was able to match obv markers that include the die gouge on the lapel at the button hole, die abrasions at the back of Abes head and using an image from Eric (With his permission of course) the die abrasion just east of the forehead... I also used the date/MM images of RPM 035 and 067 that Eric sent me to show just how close these 2 RPMs are... On VVs sample of 035 http://varietyvista.com/02b%20LC%20R...960DRPM035.htm I see no signs of the cracks on the columns C1, C2, C11 or C12... Circ wear may have obscured them tho... Larrys coin appears to have the crack/chip on the east cornice... I would say no later than Stage B... Thanks Larry and Eric for helping me get this one straight... I appreciate it... I will update the header info!!!
    Jim

8. Thanks joel, VAB2013, makecents thanked for this post
    Likes joel, VAB2013, makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to Jim and Eric for your perseverance in correctly attributing this Lincoln!! I sincerely appreciate your help and expertise!! Thanks, Larry

10. Thanks VAB2013, makecents, jfines69 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013, makecents, jfines69 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent work Jim! Thank you Eric for helping us on this one! Larry J. you have another awesome RPM to add to your collection!!!

12. Thanks makecents, jfines69, joel thanked for this post
    Likes makecents, jfines69, joel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    If ya'll had not disagreed with my first attribution then Larry would have had an incorrectly attributed RPM in his collection... Thanks every one for the help!!!
    Jim

14. Thanks joel, VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes joel, VAB2013 liked this post