Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1960D-1MM-035

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

1960D-1MM-035

Additional Information
    Date: 1960
    Variety: RPM
    Mint: Denver
    Coneca: RPM-035
    Wexler: WRPM-055
    Coppercoins: 1MM-035

No definitive die markers to picture, but I'm pretty sure this is a CC 067 or VV067 which would be a new one for me. Thanks for looking.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Thanks VAB2013, makecents, jfines69 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013, makecents, TPring, jfines69 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice RPM Larry J! The MM position looks good, but the vertical inside the MM looks more toward the center on yours or maybe it's just more defined. Not sure?

4. Thanks joel, makecents, jfines69 thanked for this post
    Likes joel, makecents, jfines69 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice find Larry... Comparing yours with CCs http://www.coppercoins.com/lincoln/d...&die_state=lds and VVs they got me confused... Your MM looks to be in the correct location for 067 but the die stages between CC and VV have my head spinning Your MM is robust compared to theirs... Also VVs Stage B has a big chip in the 9 but CCs LDS does not??? Yours does not have the chip... The strength of your MM, the secondary bar and splits of the serifs makes yours earlier than the Stage A on VV??? Would it be ok to download your pics to do some overlays and check out other RPMs???
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

6. Thanks VAB2013, joel, makecents thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013, joel, makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can download my pics anytime Jim. You are a man on a mission with boundless energy!! I admire your dedication and pursuit of excellence!!

8. Thanks VAB2013, makecents, jfines69 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013, makecents, jfines69 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joel View Post
    You can download my pics anytime Jim. You are a man on a mission with boundless energy!! I admire your dedication and pursuit of excellence!!
    Thank you Larry... I appreciate it!!!

Added - I'm always om a mission... Don't always remember what the mission is tho
    Last edited by jfines69; 11-11-2018 at 03:19 AM.
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

10. Thanks VAB2013, makecents, joel thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013, makecents, joel, TPring liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I kind of thought the same thing. It looks extremely similar but not quite right. Very cool looking little hook though and maybe a new one?!?

12. Thanks joel, Petespockets55, VAB2013, jfines69 thanked for this post
    Likes joel, Petespockets55, VAB2013, jfines69 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    May want to take a closer look at RPM#35 on VV...

The top of the secondary mintmark on RPM#67 is not visible. At least that is the case on most I have seen.

14. Thanks joel, Petespockets55, makecents, VAB2013, jfines69 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaxtellcoin View Post

The top of the secondary mintmark on RPM#67 is not visible. At least that is the case on most I have seen.
    Thanks for the help Eric!! Couldn't see any of the VV 35 markers on mine. I am probably grasping at die scratches when I saw what might be part of CC's die scratch from the Memorial to the N.

16. Thanks makecents, jfines69 thanked for this post
    Likes makecents, jfines69 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaxtellcoin View Post

I like that!! It looks really good but the VV stages have me really confused. It looks like the vertical gets stronger up to stage C and then goes back the other way and at no point is it as strong as Larry's. I looked over this for about an hour and it still doesn't quite fit for me. Larry's also has a lower split, even though it's very faint. I do think this is a better fit than 067.

18. Thanks VAB2013, joel, jfines69 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013, joel, jfines69 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Time to unconfuse I hope With permission from Copper Coins and continued support of Bob (Thank You Bob) I created an overlay of Larrys' over CCs 067 http://www.coppercoins.com/lincoln/d...&die_state=lds and Larrys is not CCs 067 but it appears to be VVs 067 http://varietyvista.com/02b%20LC%20R...960DRPM067.htm On CCs Larrys MM is north and east when the date is aligned... When I did an overlay of Larrys on VVs 067 (I do not have permission from Dr. Wiles to use the image yet) it matches up other than die stages... I also did an overlay of CCs over VVs and VVs MM is north and east of CCs MM when the date is aligned... It appears that CCs 067 is miss-attributed to VVs 067... The lower vertical bar of the secondary MM on CCs is separated somewhat from the primary MM... On VV I believe that the die stages are incorrect??? Larrys should be Stage A, Stage A on VV should be at least Stage B and Stage C should be at least Stage C...I will be sending messages to Bob to come take a look and also Dr. Wiles... I will also ask permission to use the date/MM pic from VV... Hope I didn't get any one confused here!!!

Added - I have reread my post and I understand it but as we know that does not mean I explained it properly All questions and comments welcome!!!
    Jim

20. Thanks makecents, VAB2013, joel thanked for this post
    Likes makecents, VAB2013, joel liked this post