Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
    Post Thanks / Like

1952 RPM CC1952D-1MM-019

Found this nice RPM tonight after a couple of hours tying to match it lol It looks like it had a damaged mint mark punch on the top serif but that wasn't listed anywhere?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dearing; 12-01-2018 at 11:38 PM.

2. Thanks GrumpyEd, makecents, VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes GrumpyEd, makecents, VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The top serif is a hit on the coin.

Even though the coin is in great shape, it took a hit there.

4. Thanks Dearing, VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes Dearing, makecents, VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh ok, that explains it, thank ya Ed

6. Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice looking coin though!!

8. Thanks Dearing thanked for this post
    Likes Dearing, VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even with the MM damage that is a nice looking coin... Not a RPM tho... When you looked up CCs 019 http://www.coppercoins.com/lincoln/d...&die_state=mds you missed a key detail of the MM... The MM style for 019 is totally different from yours... There are several years where different Mint Mark Styles (MMS) were used and in the case of the 52Ds there are 3 according to VV http://varietyvista.com/01b%20LC%20D...k%20Styles.htm MMS-003, MMS-004 and MMS-005... CCs 1MM-019 is MMS-005 and the MMS on yours is MMS-004... That will automatically negate a match for a RPM... At times die and circ wear can make it even more difficult just like the hit on your upper serif makes it look like a split... I will say that the MM location on yours is really close to that of CCs 019 and if it were the same MMS then a deeper look into the possibility of a match would be warranted... We also have to look at the location and angle of splits in the serifs along with any other secondary MMs... Hope that helps a bit... I know it is long winded but I had beans with dinner last nite
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

10. Thanks VAB2013, Dearing thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013, Dearing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jfines69 View Post
    Even with the MM damage that is a nice looking coin... Not a RPM tho... When you looked up CCs 019 http://www.coppercoins.com/lincoln/d...&die_state=mds you missed a key detail of the MM... The MM style for 019 is totally different from yours... There are several years where different Mint Mark Styles (MMS) were used and in the case of the 52Ds there are 3 according to VV http://varietyvista.com/01b%20LC%20D...k%20Styles.htm MMS-003, MMS-004 and MMS-005... CCs 1MM-019 is MMS-005 and the MMS on yours is MMS-004... That will automatically negate a match for a RPM... At times die and circ wear can make it even more difficult just like the hit on your upper serif makes it look like a split... I will say that the MM location on yours is really close to that of CCs 019 and if it were the same MMS then a deeper look into the possibility of a match would be warranted... We also have to look at the location and angle of splits in the serifs along with any other secondary MMs... Hope that helps a bit... I know it is long winded but I had beans with dinner last nite
    Thank you Jim, Ill check out the links and learn some more

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dearing View Post
    Thank you Jim, Ill check out the links and learn some more
    You are welcome... It can take a while to learn all the stuff... There is enough info to fry the brain for a lifetime
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

13. Thanks Dearing thanked for this post
    Likes Dearing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That was a circulation find ? If so it looks better than me and I am year younger!

WS

15. Thanks Dearing thanked for this post
    Likes Dearing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaterSport View Post
    That was a circulation find ? If so it looks better than me and I am year younger!

WS
    Yes it was a circ find... I'm younger than you
    Jim