Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

Thread: CC1984D-1DR-001

Post Thanks / Like

Answered: CC1984D-1DR-001

Found this one last night, I think it matches this coppercoins but not for sure?
    CC1984D-DR-001
    Sorry bout the pics, I'm still practicing my up close pics on this thing lol
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. "Well Dearing... sorry but your mint mark is not in the right location for it to be Coppercoins 1DR-001. Your photos on this thread look like there's too much light. Welcome to the same problems we all have with photos and every Lincoln is different and you just have to keep trying different things! The other day I shot a Lincoln through an empty toilet paper roll with holes punched into it LOL... it can get crazy "

3. Thanks VAB2013, makecents thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013, makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 43
    Well Dearing... sorry but your mint mark is not in the right location for it to be Coppercoins 1DR-001. Your photos on this thread look like there's too much light. Welcome to the same problems we all have with photos and every Lincoln is different and you just have to keep trying different things! The other day I shot a Lincoln through an empty toilet paper roll with holes punched into it LOL... it can get crazy

5. Thanks makecents, Dearing thanked for this post
    Likes makecents, Dearing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 40
    I'm with Viv on all counts. I have aggravated the daylights out of these folks with pics that that had bad lighting and made it look like there was doubling.

7. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VAB2013 View Post
    Well Dearing... sorry but your mint mark is not in the right location for it to be Coppercoins 1DR-001. Your photos on this thread look like there's too much light. Welcome to the same problems we all have with photos and every Lincoln is different and you just have to keep trying different things! The other day I shot a Lincoln through an empty toilet paper roll with holes punched into it LOL... it can get crazy
    Oh ok, Im not that good at matching lol that's why I ask thank you I think I need a natural light bulb, right now all I have is LED
    Yeah some come out great n some wont work for me for nothing lol

9. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 43
    You're welcome Dearing! I can't stand LED lights, actually I hate them! I have never had anything cause me so much aggravation! Best thing I know to do is cover them up with something white (don't use another color of something to cover it up because then the true color of the coin will be messed up). I made that donut ring out of white paper to cover up the LED's on my scope (even though I can adjust the scope LED's or turn them completely off if I want to). The lowest light setting on the scope LED's right before it turns off completely is still too bright!!! Then I have a black smiley face cut out taped to each Jansjo, then the entire Jansjo light is covered with white surgical wrap tape that spongy kind that sticks to itself. There are all kinds on stories on here where people have tried all kinds of things, coffee filters, toilet paper, black electrical tape, white cloth, etc.!!!
    Last edited by VAB2013; 1 Week Ago at 11:51 AM.

11. Thanks Dearing thanked for this post
    Likes Dearing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah, I bet there are some stories on here lol

13. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 88
    I'm in with not a DDR... A few things to remember on DDs like CCs 001 http://www.coppercoins.com/lincoln/d...&die_state=mds even on the later die stages the splits on devices will still be there in some form... Like RPMs the splits have to be in the correct location and at the same angle... I hope that helps a little... It can take a while to learn the tricks on how to i.d. the different classes of DDs and styles of RPMs ... Even the pros have problems at times... LEDs are good for light bulbs but not taking pics of coins Depending on how your scope is made you may be able to remove the light assembly???
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

15. Thanks Dearing thanked for this post
    Likes Dearing liked this post