Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Paid Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Viv. I have it in my book so I know where it is quickly.

2. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are very welcome Sheila... This was fun to figure out!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

Paid Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    I bet it was! Maybe one day I will get the proper equipment to be able to do these overlays.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheila ruley View Post
    I bet it was! Maybe one day I will get the proper equipment to be able to do these overlays.
    It is just the software... If you can find a photo editing software that has a transparency tool you should be able to do overlays with a bit of practice... I use Microsoft Digital Image Pro 10... They don't make it anymore and I have had this since it came out... It even works with Windows 10!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

Paid Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! With windows 10! I need a new computer. Mine was given to me by my brother in law, who happens to program computers for businesses. He wiped off all of the basic programs that come on the computer when you purchase a new one. He is shady. So, needless to say, I don’t even have the most basic computer! I guess you can say that I have a part of a computer. LOL! I need a new one before I invest in anything for it.
    Last edited by Sheila ruley; 12-15-2018 at 03:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheila ruley View Post
    Wow! With windows 10! I need a new computer. Mine was given to me by my brother in law, who happens to program computers for businesses. He wiped off all of the basic programs that come on the computer when you purchase a new one. He is shady. So, needless to say, I don’t even have the most basic computer! I guess you can say that I have a part of a computer. LOL! I need a new one before I invest in anything for it.
    They do put a lot of junk bloatware on most new computers.
    Each version of Windows sort of required double the ram memory of the previous version or it gets slow.
    I think XP was better than the later stuff but now some things even most browsers need Windows 7 or above to work.

Hard to imagine the changes in computers.
    The original PCs in the 80s, you could buy with no hard drive and only 64-256Kb ram (we're talking Kb thousands now they're Mb millions) and the floppy drives or you could splurge on the XT that had a 10meg hard drive. And you could do quite a bit with those old computers. Even the Apollos made it to the moon with less computing power than one of those old PCs.

What's funny is now there is more data in a typical single photo that you post of a cent than those old computers had for everything. We're really spoiled now, New computers have so much of everything.

Paid Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes sir. You would be correct. I can’t even figure out how to use most of the features on my iPhone 7. Let alone a computer. I was just learning how to use an electric typewriter when they put the computers in our high school. I never got to use the computer. Hell, we didn’t even have a phone in our home most of my life growing up. Maybe for a few months here and there because of finances. When we would tell people that we didn’t have a phone or cable (teachers) when they wanted to call our parents, or otherwise, for personal or school reasons, people would just gasp!!! No Tv!!! No phone!!! How do you survive??!! Uuummm, walk to your friends house, to a pay phone, to the library or wherever!!! Talk face to face!! Or entertain yourself!! I walked everywhere until I was 19!! LOL!! Computers are just as much my enemy as math! But, I still love technology.

9. Thanks GrumpyEd, joel thanked for this post
    Likes GrumpyEd, joel, Petespockets55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyEd View Post
    They do put a lot of junk bloatware on most new computers.
    Each version of Windows sort of required double the ram memory of the previous version or it gets slow.
    I think XP was better than the later stuff but now some things even most browsers need Windows 7 or above to work.

Hard to imagine the changes in computers.
    The original PCs in the 80s, you could buy with no hard drive and only 64-256Kb ram (we're talking Kb thousands now they're Mb millions) and the floppy drives or you could splurge on the XT that had a 10meg hard drive. And you could do quite a bit with those old computers. Even the Apollos made it to the moon with less computing power than one of those old PCs.

What's funny is now there is more data in a typical single photo that you post of a cent than those old computers had for everything. We're really spoiled now, New computers have so much of everything.
    A little computer lesson - 1 Mb is one million bits and 1 MB is one million bytes each byte has 8 bits... 1 KB use to be equal to 1024 bytes but these days the computer makers have decided that 1 KB is one thousand bytes... Doing the math (a loss of 24 bytes per KB) that is a lot of storage and memory we no longer get... I started my computer programming with zeros and ones
    Jim

11. Likes Petespockets55, Sheila ruley liked this post